It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:54 am
Change font size

Nutrition

Hemp

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Hemp

Postby Cookie » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:19 pm

back on this stuff last couple of days but boy do I need to find some way to flavour it :lol:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:34 pm

Cookie wrote:back on this stuff last couple of days but boy do I need to find some way to flavour it :lol:

Does not sound like it is worth trouble to try out. Doesn't mix well, tastes funky, not a superior protein.....
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:54 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:Does not sound like it is worth trouble to try out. Doesn't mix well, tastes funky, not a superior protein.....

Decent amount of fibre & good oils & no intestinal distress that whey causes. I read recently that whey is now getting a bad rap because of toxicity issues from long term use.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:36 pm

Sweetener arrived, smells nice & apparently it can make great ice cream :stuffface:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:47 pm

Cookie wrote:Sweetener arrived, smells nice & apparently it can make great ice cream :stuffface:

Next time I put an order in I will get a lb or two and check it out. It can't be worse than brewers yeast back in the day can it? :shock:
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:31 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:Next time I put an order in I will get a lb or two and check it out. It can't be worse than brewers yeast back in the day can it? :shock:

Liquid liver?

There is a gag reflex first couple of times :lol:

There are some flavoured varieties just need to check them out properly to see what they are using for flavouring & if there are any extra carbohydrates added.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:09 am

Cookie wrote:Liquid liver? There is a gag reflex first couple of times :lol:

First couple of times :shock: Everytime :vom:

Cookie wrote:There are some flavoured varieties just need to check them out properly to see what they are using for flavouring
And that is my problem in general with protein, is the flavoring...aside from the soy lecthin the use to process it. I did find a soy free one, but it is on back order.
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby samurai69 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:05 am

liver tablets where hard enough to swallow
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:54 am

Melas Zomos wrote:And that is my problem in general with protein, is the flavoring...aside from the soy lecthin the use to process it. I did find a soy free one, but it is on back order.

I saw something called "Xylitol" in the supermarket yesterday. Supposed to be made from fruit. Not had chance to read up on it yet.

samurai69 wrote:liver tablets where hard enough to swallow

Never had a problem with those. Years ago The Bodyshop (Dave Williams place) used to do an amino acid tablet that was as wide as an old 50p piece & three times as thick. Now they were tough to get down :shock:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:03 pm

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:50 am

Oh I can't wait for this update. Have not found a milk substitute worth a hoot yet..taste wise that is.
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:02 pm

Look & consistency same as skimmed milk.

Taste tons better than skimmed milk. A little nutty in flavour.

Worth buying again.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

PreviousNext

Return to Nutrition