Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Re: Arachidonic Acid

Postby fits » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:44 pm

Nope

not read your link, but its supposed to work like DNP isn't it? an uncoupling agent? I was goign to use Dave Palumbos Lipolyze that has it but it was a pain in the ass to get over. and expensive.
Long John silver has nothing on me
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Scott » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:07 am

fits wrote:Nope

not read your link, but its supposed to work like DNP isn't it? an uncoupling agent? I was goign to use Dave Palumbos Lipolyze that has it but it was a pain in the ass to get over. and expensive.

Lipid/Fatty Acid? dunno.... someone will need to read the article and then explain it to me!
I get the impression its omegas but Ive never seen it mentioned much. its not just regular fish oils is it? :grin:
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby fits » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:15 am

I should not post late at night lol I got that completely wrong I'm thinking of Usnic Acid in Dave's Fat burner - Another 'Acid' that is controversial that's behaves like DNP. Arachidonic acid is the ingredient of the X factor supplement to build muscle. Not used, was looking at it at one point ad decided not to. It promotes inflammatory in the body and I can't do with that as I suffer with gout and take fish oils and other stuff for their 'ANTI inflammatory effects, so it would be a waste for me.
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Scott » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:44 am

... it makes you swell up!?
if it wasnt for the gout issue would you have tried it?

the science sounds good regarding it but then again....... doesnt it always!
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:15 pm

Experts searching for the underlying cause of today’s rapid rise in obesity discovered a surprising link dating back more than 30 years: As people have become busier and busier, their consumption of processed foods containing vegetable oils rich in omega-6 fatty acids has increased by at least 24%. This has caused an extreme imbalance between omega-6 fatty acids and their counterparts, the omega-3s. The ideal consumption ratio between the two is 1:1, yet today the ratio is more than 20:1 – with the deck dangerously stacked in favor of omega-6s.

Small doses of omega-6 fatty acids (found in corn, sunflower, and soybean oils) are necessary for good health. Yale research shows that once digested, they’re converted into arachidonic acid (AA), an inflammatory fat that activated the immune system and initiates the healing process whenever injuries occur. “But AA is extremely toxic in high doses,” cautions biological chemist Barry Sears, Ph.D. “AA triggers chronic inflammation that damages cells, causing health problems and speeding body and brain aging.”

Complicating the matter, says Sears, is the fact that the protective mechanisms the body has in place to shield itself against AA poisoning prompt weight gain. The reason: Once the body detects high blood levels of AA, it shuttles the toxic fat into adipose tissue for storage. But since AA can damage fat cells themselves, the presence of AA inside adipose tissue stimulates fat cells to divide and grow in order to dilute the acid. “Worse still, excess AA increases production of endocannabinoids, hormones that make people crave the very omega-6 rich foods that caused their AA overloads,” says Sears.

Statin drugs are also known to increase the formation of the inflammatory fat AA says Sears, “That explains why statins cause memory loss – AA can trigger brain inflammation.”

EPA, an omega-3 in fish oil, inhibits the activity of the PPAR-alpha transcription factor enzyme that converts the omega-6s into AA. Instead, omega-6s are transformed into dihomo-gamma-linolenic acid (DGLA), an essential fat that can reduce inflammation. Plus high doses of EPA block hunger-triggering endocannabinoids to prevent food cravings for up to six hours per dose.

-by B. Kearn
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby fits » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:17 am

Good read cookie.

This is why supplementing omega 3 is now huge! But if farming was not having to be done on such a huge scale and cows were allowed to eag grass and roam the fields, and if chickens ate the seeds they are supposed to, we would not have a problem because out beef would have the same ratios of omega 3 as fish and our eggs would naturally contain omega 3 fats etc.

i have not had any for a while, need to buy some!
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Return to Nutrition