Change font size

Nutrition

Sodium Bicarb

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Sodium Bicarb

Postby Cookie » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:39 pm

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... s-Ago.aspx

In today’s modern world of medicine the FDA just will not let companies that sell products make medical claims about them unless they have been tested at great expense, and approved as a drug. But this was not always the case.

In a 1924 booklet published by the Arm & Hammer Soda Company, the company starts off saying, “The proven value of Arm & Hammer Bicarbonate of Soda as a therapeutic agent is further evinced by the following evidence of a prominent physician named Dr. Volney S. Cheney, in a letter to the Church & Dwight Company:

“In 1918 and 1919 while fighting the ‘Flu’ with the U. S. Public Health Service it was brought to my attention that rarely any one who had been thoroughly alkalinized with bicarbonate of soda contracted the disease, and those who did contract it, if alkalinized early, would invariably have mild attacks.”

Recommended dosages from the Arm and Hammer Company for colds and influenza back in 1925 were:

During the first day take six doses of half teaspoonful of Bicarbonate of Soda in glass of cool water, at about two hour intervals
During the second day take four doses of half teaspoonful of Bicarbonate of Soda in glass of cool water, at the same intervals
During the third day take two doses of half teaspoonful of Bicarbonate of Soda in glass of cool water morning and evening, and thereafter half teaspoonful in glass of cool water each morning until cold is cured
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Re: Sodium Bicarb

Postby fits » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:07 pm

It is great stuff!

I love to use it as a way of transporting other things into the blood stream ASAP!

It is a good alternative for using sugar when having creatine. some vit C , creatine, bi carb....bam straight into the blood. Use beta alanine and 5 to 15 mins later you get that itchy feeling in your face.....use it with bi carb and you get it any where from instantly to within a couple of minutes!

can be used for so much!
Long John silver has nothing on me
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:33 pm

fits wrote:It is great stuff!

I love to use it as a way of transporting other things into the blood stream ASAP!

It is a good alternative for using sugar when having creatine. some vit C , creatine, bi carb....bam straight into the blood. Use beta alanine and 5 to 15 mins later you get that itchy feeling in your face.....use it with bi carb and you get it any where from instantly to within a couple of minutes!

can be used for so much!

I originally used bi-carb with creatine around 97 when I went of a natural mass gaining surge, added over a stone in about 5 weeks, but have to admit to excessive creatine consumption :oops:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby fits » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:00 pm

Cookie wrote:
fits wrote:It is great stuff!

can be used for so much!

I originally used bi-carb with creatine around 97 when I went of a natural mass gaining surge, added over a stone in about 5 weeks, but have to admit to excessive creatine consumption :oops:

It definately seems to help trasport nutrients into the blood stream. You done every bloody thing to excess!!!
Long John silver has nothing on me
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:02 pm

fits wrote:You done every bloody thing to excess!!!

YES :supz:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Tuelfulhuden » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:53 pm

wow, didnt know you could do that, good tip :lol:
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em."
- Lieutenant-General Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller
Tuelfulhuden
Helot
Helot

Postby Cookie » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:28 am

Anybody ever used sodium bicarb as a lactic acid buffer when training?

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Return to Nutrition