It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:25 am
Change font size

Nutrition

Supplements

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Supplements

Postby Cookie » Sun May 09, 2010 2:47 pm

Worst supplement you have every taken covering value for money, taste, effectiveness?

Worst supplement company you`ve every had the misfortune to use?
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Re: Supplements

Postby Al » Sun May 09, 2010 3:11 pm

Weider's Anabolic Megapak circa 1983. Utter shit.
Al
Banished

Postby samurai69 » Sun May 09, 2010 3:18 pm

EAS Myoplex chocolate
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Sun May 09, 2010 3:29 pm

Al wrote:Weider's Anabolic Megapak circa 1983. Utter shit.

What that even beat muscle milk :shock:

I had forgotten all about those Al, even remember being suckered into buying them ](*,)

EAS Myoplex chocolate

What was wrong with it.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Sun May 09, 2010 3:37 pm

tasted like an old piece of cardboard (i remebber that from when i was a little kid) and mixed so badly and left a rank aftertaste

TBH i am surprised its still going

and any liver tablets........not that they where bad, just so big tough to swallow

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Scott » Sun May 09, 2010 6:23 pm

samurai69 wrote:EAS Myoplex chocolate

surprised at that one. Ive used myoplex a few times and thought it was good!

My very first protein was a weider one. got it for argos LOL! and it was just nasty. In recent years it has to be CNP Whey which was so bad it reminded me of weider. Strange because their pro-peptide / Pro-mr is excellent.
Didnt think much of that 'designer protein' either for that matter. Tried years ago, dunno if its the same nowadays.
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby samurai69 » Sun May 09, 2010 8:13 pm

Scott wrote:
samurai69 wrote:EAS Myoplex chocolate

surprised at that one. Ive used myoplex a few times and thought it was good!

My very first protein was a weider one. got it for argos LOL! and it was just nasty. In recent years it has to be CNP Whey which was so bad it reminded me of weider. Strange because their pro-peptide / Pro-mr is excellent.
Didnt think much of that 'designer protein' either for that matter. Tried years ago, dunno if its the same nowadays.

CNPs vanilla pro peptide is great

the MYOPLEX was around the time it first came out.......................the worst stuff, maybe changed it a few hundred times since then

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Scott » Mon May 10, 2010 12:30 pm

samurai69 wrote:CNPs vanilla pro peptide is great
agreed. their best flavour imo. Vanilla is my flavour of choice ( I am THAT exciting!) and cnp do it spot on in pro-pep and pro-mr. Pity its so expensive.

the MYOPLEX was around the time it first came out.......................the worst stuff, maybe changed it a few hundred times since then
yeah, probably has changed since you first bought it in the twenties.

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Mon May 10, 2010 1:22 pm

Worst tasting Dorian Yates approved vanilla protein when he teamed up with Kerry Kayes after ousting Borresson, then Sportstar(Demay & a few others I think got this company up & running in the late 80`s) protein powder which was so bad it tasted like sick does after it comes back up then goes back down :vom:

Weider used to be a complete con when it came to mixing shakes up to their recommendations, far too much used which gave you an overly thick shake & not so many servings per tub.

Supplement companies these days seem have to taken on board the American way of packaging, huge tubs half full, massive scoops & serving sizes equals sod all servings per tub. Example would be these maximusle progain extreme tubs Scott sent, 20 huge scoops per serving (125g) giving 41.2g protein & 52.5g carbohydrates when mixed in water for a total of 16 servings per tub. far too many calories imo & at over 40 quid a tub [-X

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Mon May 10, 2010 9:50 pm

agree with the way some market their serving sizes. they really try to twist it.
maximuscle are bad for it. I hear they are to stop offering discounts as well now as they 'dont want to devalue their product'. I think this means you will stop seeing maximusle in supplement shops and will only get it direct. No loss there. The only way I'd use them is at a tenner a tub ;-)
LA muscle are doing the same. two of the most overpriced supps around :-k

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby samurai69 » Tue May 11, 2010 7:04 am

maximuscle are big in to general supps now in the large superstores etc.........thats the way they are going, so they wont be in the supp shops for much longer

LA mscle, i havent seen in shops, only in mags and their TV channel so reckon that wont change too much

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Tue May 11, 2010 1:15 pm

Scott wrote:agree with the way some market their serving sizes. they really try to twist it.
maximuscle are bad for it. I hear they are to stop offering discounts as well now as they 'dont want to devalue their product'. I think this means you will stop seeing maximusle in supplement shops and will only get it direct. No loss there. The only way I'd use them is at a tenner a tub ;-)
LA muscle are doing the same. two of the most overpriced supps around :-k

They are targeting the "higher earner" end of the market through those that can afford to use these crystal palaces that they now pass off as gyms. People go in see those supplements on offer & irrespective of the price will pay for them because they are lead to believe that by being there they are best or otherwise the gym would not be offering them. Viscous circle & one of manipulation.

As for the maximuscle progain extreme, 2 scoops would kill me, I would be on the toilet all night. Far too rich to be taken as a single serving. Having one right now but have added in a scoop of hemp powder, 1/2 teaspoon of apple fibre to slow down absorption [-o< & wheatgrass to boost the nutrient totals.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Return to Nutrition