It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:32 am
Change font size

Nutrition

Maca Powder

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Maca Powder

Postby Cookie » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:05 am

Scott wrote:howz it going with the maca?

Finished it for now. Something I will be using again because I can see a big difference when I`m on at least 3 teaspoons a day.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:21 pm

Just picked some powder up. After a few days it looks like it may be promising. I have been conservative with the dosages, but will bump it up next week to 3tsp and see what happens.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:01 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:Just picked some powder up. After a few days it looks like it may be promising. I have been conservative with the dosages, but will bump it up next week to 3tsp and see what happens.

LOL, I`d forgotten about this stuff/thread :lol:

Having fun in our archives :mrgreen:

Glad it might be working for you.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:45 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:Just picked some powder up. After a few days it looks like it may be promising. I have been conservative with the dosages, but will bump it up next week to 3tsp and see what happens.

How you getting on with this?

Have some left & thinking of running it again once I`m fit enough to train again.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:50 am

Cookie wrote:

How you getting on with this?

Have some left & thinking of running it again once I`m fit enough to train again.

I like it and plan to keep it in the regime. Much better success than I have had with other "superfood" powders such as goji, and acai.
And you were right about the amount. Seems like 3tsp minimum is the call.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:53 am

Melas Zomos wrote:I like it and plan to keep it in the regime. Much better success than I have had with other "superfood" powders such as goji, and acai.

Tried Goji got nothing, tried wheat/barley grass didn`t notice much.

Melas Zomos wrote:And you were right about the amount. Seems like 3tsp minimum is the call.

Are you dosing 1tsp 3x`s day?

Have wondered how it would affect us if used via different dosing protocols from 3tsp 1x` day to micro loading up to 12 doses a day.

I am a big fan of micro dosing but that`s mostly been used for creatine, amino`s & liver tabs in the past which aint classes as much as a "food" as Maca powder seems to be.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:57 am

i tried grass....................................got high
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Scott » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:40 pm

samurai69 wrote:i tried grass....................................got high

dont need any studies to know that works at least :lol:
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:43 pm

samurai69 wrote:i tried grass....................................got high

And still dopey :roll:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:37 pm

Cookie wrote:Tried Goji got nothing, tried wheat/barley grass didn`t notice much.

Ditto, but I did not try smoking them like Scott or Samurai #-o

Are you dosing 1tsp 3x`s day?

yes, sometimes a bit more. It seems you need to dose until you radiate a very minute odor of the stuff for it to be effective. It is not a constant odor, just a whiff every now and then leaching from somewhere....and not their :butthead:

Cookie wrote:Have wondered how it would affect us if used via different dosing protocols from 3tsp 1x` day to micro loading up to 12 doses a day.

Not sure, only micro'd with creatine and bcaa's in the past and liver tabs in far far past.
But I am trying it in conjunction with another supplement, that appears to really enhance the effects of certain supplements. Will explain further in a separate post, want to play with it a little more and make sure their is really something to it, and not my "wanting" it to work ;-)
Plus I have not searched the site yet to see if someone else tried it and created a thread.
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:01 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:yes, sometimes a bit more. It seems you need to dose until you radiate a very minute odor of the stuff for it to be effective. It is not a constant odor, just a whiff every now and then leaching from somewhere....and not their :butthead:

Will look out for that when I start on it again next week.

Not sure, only micro'd with creatine and bcaa's in the past and liver tabs in far far past.
But I am trying it in conjunction with another supplement, that appears to really enhance the effects of certain supplements. Will explain further in a separate post, want to play with it a little more and make sure their is really something to it, and not my "wanting" it to work ;-)
Plus I have not searched the site yet to see if someone else tried it and created a thread.

Not much we haven`t tried on here :lol:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:54 pm

Peruvian usage levels are 3 - 5 gram per day. The stuff I was reading reckoned that its a case of the more the better with Maca. The animals they tested it on showed increased strength / horniness the more they were given. ;-)
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

PreviousNext

Return to Nutrition