Nutrition

cherry active v Bluberries

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Re: cherry active v Bluberries

Postby samurai69 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:13 pm

well still drinking it

no changes yet lOL
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:33 pm

Did you notice any positive effects with using this stuff?

There was some tests going on last year to check its effectiveness in aiding sleep quality.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:35 pm

Cookie wrote:Did you notice any positive effects with using this stuff?

There was some tests going on last year to check its effectiveness in aiding sleep quality.

not really no

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Melas Zomos » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:22 pm

Seems like it does something........
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:46 pm

LOL, fingers crossed I don't go that colour :lol:

next protein order I'll get a bottle & try it out.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:54 am

Cookie wrote:LOL, fingers crossed I don't go that colour :lol:

next protein order I'll get a bottle & try it out.

i had a pack of the caps you could have had when i came up, but i sold them LOL

urban fruit do dried cherries a mix of bing and golden,..,,, hopoefully do the same job.....bit pricey though

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:10 pm

samurai69 wrote:i had a pack of the caps you could have had when i came up, but i sold them LOL

urban fruit do dried cherries a mix of bing and golden,..,,, hopoefully do the same job.....bit pricey though

That's the trouble with a lot of these things, they get far too pricey for the average Joe Bloggs to afford.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby fits » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:53 pm

Bonjour

Not sure abotu recovery I know there is a load of hype with cherry active but i like cherries for anti inflammatory effects and as a sleep aid as steve mentioned (contain melatonin). I like either a concentrated cherry juice product to add to smoothies or extracted powder in capsual form.
Long John silver has nothing on me
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:21 pm

fits wrote:Bonjour

Not sure abotu recovery I know there is a load of hype with cherry active but i like cherries for anti inflammatory effects and as a sleep aid as steve mentioned (contain melatonin). I like either a concentrated cherry juice product to add to smoothies or extracted powder in capsual form.

Hey buddy.

The improved sleep qualities was what got me interested.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby fits » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:31 pm

The cherry supps can be a little expensive. I have a Montmorency Sour cherry product that i will be selling, but none are cheap. Not sure how it works for sleep to be honest. I would say try eating a good amount or try getting a generic cherry concentrate juice (not cherry active) but even that is expensive.

Have you tried amino acid tryptophan? or 5HTP? Or frank melatonin? I have only used Melatonin in transdermal patch form. It's good but you have to buy from the US.

For me, Magnesium + melatonin works fantastically.
Long John silver has nothing on me
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Tue May 01, 2012 4:14 pm

Used Tryptophan years ago way before the original ban came in & it was weird stuff. Very colourful dreams.

Melatonin & 5HTP always left me groggy in the mornings.

Liked the idea of the concentrated cherry juice because of a couple of tv programs saying some positive stuff about it & the quality of sleep people seemed to be getting off it once it had been used for some time.

Use a lot of frozen cherries/berries during the week on my pancakes :lol:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Tue May 01, 2012 4:54 pm

I am interested to see if the concentrated cherry juice does help with sleep or if the melatonin acts differently than that of the pills. Melatonin in pill form always works great for getting me to sleep, but it seems after 4.5-5 hrs nearly like clockwork I wake up. What I am looking for is that 6.5 to 7 straight without waking.

Been playing with inositol and magnesium along my regular dose of garlic clove and cinnamon. Too early to say for sure, but it does look like a promising combo. If I see, and think of it, during my travels I will pick up some concentrate and join in on the study.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

PreviousNext

Return to Nutrition