Change font size

Nutrition

cherry active v Bluberries

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Re: cherry active v Bluberries

Postby fits » Tue May 01, 2012 9:07 pm

Let us know how you get on.

As I say i have never used the tabs but melatonin patches www.ageforce.com (I think) they were great. Time released so you do get that quick fix and then wake up in the middle of the night, and as long as you put them on 30 mins to 90 mins before bed you should b e good to go. That is unless you are going to bed late, say 1am to wake up at 6am i would not put one on at 12am or 12:30am as the patch releases over something like 8 hours.... if that makes sense.

Magnesium gives me vivid dreams veeeeeery odd dreams...

a girl at work said her nan used to have a banana and warm milk an hour or so before bed. I thought...worse thing you could have all that sugar. But since then i have read that bananas have serotonin and certain milk proteins, when denatured or heated have a sedative effect. Not tried it, still to much sugtar for me but its funny how these things are found out and handed down through generations. Some people wont take a blind bit of interest until there is 'science' behind it.

So who is goint to try banana and cherry pie pre bed to see if it works?

excuse any typos, to tired to spell check.
Long John silver has nothing on me
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Wed May 02, 2012 5:36 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:I am interested to see if the concentrated cherry juice does help with sleep or if the melatonin acts differently than that of the pills. Melatonin in pill form always works great for getting me to sleep, but it seems after 4.5-5 hrs nearly like clockwork I wake up. What I am looking for is that 6.5 to 7 straight without waking.

Been playing with inositol and magnesium along my regular dose of garlic clove and cinnamon. Too early to say for sure, but it does look like a promising combo. If I see, and think of it, during my travels I will pick up some concentrate and join in on the study.

I'm similar to you with the waking after 4-5 hours. Watch for the Cinnamon for dropping blood sugar levels very low & that waking you.

fits wrote:Let us know how you get on.

As I say i have never used the tabs but melatonin patches http://www.ageforce.com (I think) they were great. Time released so you do get that quick fix and then wake up in the middle of the night, and as long as you put them on 30 mins to 90 mins before bed you should b e good to go. That is unless you are going to bed late, say 1am to wake up at 6am i would not put one on at 12am or 12:30am as the patch releases over something like 8 hours.... if that makes sense.

Magnesium gives me vivid dreams veeeeeery odd dreams...

a girl at work said her nan used to have a banana and warm milk an hour or so before bed. I thought...worse thing you could have all that sugar. But since then i have read that bananas have serotonin and certain milk proteins, when denatured or heated have a sedative effect. Not tried it, still to much sugtar for me but its funny how these things are found out and handed down through generations. Some people wont take a blind bit of interest until there is 'science' behind it.

So who is goint to try banana and cherry pie pre bed to see if it works?

excuse any typos, to tired to spell check.

I didn't get on with the melatonin, very similar to ZMA & left me feeling very groggy next day no matter how low the dosage.

I do like magnesium & have been using magnesium oil on & off now for the last 2-3 years. Did buy a book on magnesium but got side tracked with a race & didn't get past the first quarter of the book :oops:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Tue May 08, 2012 4:00 pm

Bottle arrived today.

Forgot how "sharp" this stuff tasted :shock: last time I had some was down at S69's New Spartan Gym when I went down about 18 months ago.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Thu May 10, 2012 11:28 pm

Cookie wrote:Bottle arrived today.

Forgot how "sharp" this stuff tasted :shock: last time I had some was down at S69's New Spartan Gym when I went down about 18 months ago.

Word on the street is the owner of that gym is so tight he waters his shakes down and cuts his other supplements with rubbing alcohol. My guess is the latter in your case :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Keep us updated.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Mon May 14, 2012 5:36 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:Word on the street is the owner of that gym is so tight he waters his shakes down and cuts his other supplements with rubbing alcohol. My guess is the latter in your case :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:-k :-k :-k :-k :-k

Keep us updated.

Slept for 8.5 hours on Saturday night for the first time in years and never woke once. Depth of sleep has been deep with some excessive dreaming again this past few days.

All down to the cherry active? hard to say other than its been the only change I've done this past week gone.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Tue May 15, 2012 3:03 pm

Cookie wrote:Slept for 8.5 hours on Saturday night for the first time in years and never woke once. Depth of sleep has been deep with some excessive dreaming again this past few days.

All down to the cherry active? hard to say other than its been the only change I've done this past week gone.

WOW! Keep us updated!
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Wed May 16, 2012 2:49 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:WOW!

Might have said something like that myself when I woke & saw the time. Even more amazing given that I'd been OD'ing on caffeine that day as I'd had the taste for a few coffees with my meals. :lol:

Keep us updated!

Will do.

Only thing to add is last nights sleep sucked but that'll teach me to stretch late in the evening. Seems it excites my CNS far too much even when its used in a way that's supposed to relax you. :roll:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Wed May 30, 2012 10:47 pm

How is that sleep coming along? Is this supplement worthy of a check out?
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Thu May 31, 2012 10:19 am

Melas Zomos wrote:How is that sleep coming along?

Some issues but those are down to some other areas.

[/quote]Is this supplement worthy of a check out?[/quote]

I think its worth another bottle. To say somethings haven't been right with my sleeping habits recovery has been better than I would have expected during the first two weeks of use.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Previous

Return to Nutrition