Nutrition

Pre workout supplements

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Pre workout supplements

Postby Cookie » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:55 pm

Scott wrote:Interesting.

Good find :mrgreen:

Seems on the Yank ebay that all the ingredients for that supplement can be found individually.

It was only a matter of time.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:03 am

White powder in the mail :shock: Yeah I can explain that real easy.
I wonder how it compares?
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:31 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:White powder in the mail :shock: Yeah I can explain that real easy.

That`s what I thought, English customs would not be too happy to see something like that coming through :lol:

Get some & let us know :mrgreen:

My main concern would be purity & making sure your dosing correctly because I would like to take too much of a substance like that th_wtf
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:32 pm

Cookie wrote:
Melas Zomos wrote:White powder in the mail :shock: Yeah I can explain that real easy.

That`s what I thought, English customs would not be too happy to see something like that coming through :lol:

I am sure it would be okay, just address it to the gym :roll:

Cookie wrote:

Get some & let us know :mrgreen:

My main concern would be purity & making sure your dosing correctly because I would like to take too much of a substance like that th_wtf

Your right on the money, and I too would look exactly like that smilie!
Besides I am done with that stuff for the time being. I need to recover from my last adventures with that stuff and the oxy elite. I suspect it did more harm than good in the whole time line of things as I am still paying the price. I still have some left, but am saving that for emergency use only.

The powdered caffeine, at one time, I would have jumped on. I like that idea. However, I am getting good results from some loose tea blends now.

Besides, I have a few other things (a little more natural) that I am giving a go. Hopefully they will fufill my expectations.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:17 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:Your right on the money, and I too would look exactly like that smilie!

I`ve had moments like that when sampling too many varieties of coffee :lol:

Besides I am done with that stuff for the time being. I need to recover from my last adventures with that stuff and the oxy elite. I suspect it did more harm than good in the whole time line of things as I am still paying the price.

Seriously?

Not realised it had had such a negative impact on you.

Wow that sucks..

The powdered caffeine, at one time, I would have jumped on. I like that idea.

There was a recent case of a guy dying from OD`ing on the powdered caffeine because he read the instructions wrong.

However, I am getting good results from some loose tea blends now.

Pray tell, they might go well with my yerba mate?

Besides, I have a few other things (a little more natural) that I am giving a go. Hopefully they will fufill my expectations.

Keep us informed because I MAY need something myself as I approach a certain age :stillwaiting:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:12 am

Cookie wrote:
Keep us informed because I MAY need something myself as I approach a certain age :stillwaiting:

45 is that or even older than you would have everyone believe and its 50

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:02 pm

samurai69 wrote:45 is that or even older than you would have everyone believe and its 50

Haven`t you missed a 1 from the beginning of that 50 for your age :finga:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:09 pm

Cookie wrote:I`ve had moments like that when sampling too many varieties of coffee :lol:

You should have seen me that first week on oxy-elite :shock:

Besides I am done with that stuff for the time being. I need to recover from my last adventures with that stuff and the oxy elite. I suspect it did more harm than good in the whole time line of things as I am still paying the price.

Cookie wrote:Seriously?
Not realised it had had such a negative impact on you.
Wow that sucks..

Yes it truly does suck, but it is the only thing I can come up with.
The time line is exact. It is really causing me to re-think my position on some supplements. I just can't figure out why it did what it did. It was almost like flicking a light switch, but now the fuse is half blown :?: .
The positive is, it really opened my eyes to just how the body works and what a cascading effect happens when something within is not running optimally.

The powdered caffeine, at one time, I would have jumped on. I like that idea.

Cookie wrote:There was a recent case of a guy dying from OD`ing on the powdered caffeine because he read the instructions wrong.

That sucks, but looking at that pile of powdered caffeine makes think of Scarface, which makes me wonder...What would be more dangerous/powerful a line of blow(cut) or a line of powdered caffeine(uncut)?
Can powdered caffeine be snorted? I assume so, but never tried?

However, I am getting good results from some loose tea blends now.

Cookie wrote:Pray tell, they might go well with my yerba mate?

Yes they would. It certainly can help with the taste. I will start a new thread

Cookie wrote:Keep us informed because I MAY need something myself

No worries, will definitely share my findings either way. Not going to

Cookie wrote:as I approach a certain age :stillwaiting:

This smells too much like a trap, really do not want to touch it at all.
I really do not think of age at all. Hell, just this morning the old lady wished me a happy birthday and I did not even know it was today :shock:
Of course she also had to remind me just how old I really am :finga:
Good think my maturity is still back at grade school level, I figure it balances it out.
Don't sweat it bro, you have a few more years till you have to sweat it ;-)
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:41 am

Melas Zomos wrote:You should have seen me that first week on oxy-elite :shock:

That strong?

Yes it truly does suck, but it is the only thing I can come up with.
The time line is exact. It is really causing me to re-think my position on some supplements. I just can't figure out why it did what it did. It was almost like flicking a light switch, but now the fuse is half blown :?: .
The positive is, it really opened my eyes to just how the body works and what a cascading effect happens when something within is not running optimally.

With all the positive feedback I had seen a few of these supplements get on various forums I think going by your experiences I`ll give that stuff a miss even if I did manage to get some free samples.

We`ve discussed this before but supplement companies these days are treading a VERY fine line between natural & pharmaceutical & they have a duty of care to their customers. Something I suspect that they`ll claim to do but in reality its the bottom line that just counts. There is a definite sense of egotistical behaviour with companies to have the strongest supplement out there & this clouds their judgement in my honest opinion. Kids now are coming into the field of natural supplements which are on par, if not stronger in some instances, than the pharmaceutical equivalents of 20 years ago.

This cannot be good for their long term health or their outlook on a healthy lifestyle.

Yes they would. It certainly can help with the taste. I will start a new thread

Yeah start a thread up, just found a site for loose tea which I`ll be looking through soon.

This smells too much like a trap, really do not want to touch it at all.
I really do not think of age at all. Hell, just this morning the old lady wished me a happy birthday and I did not even know it was today :shock:
Of course she also had to remind me just how old I really am :finga:
Good think my maturity is still back at grade school level, I figure it balances it out.
Don't sweat it bro, you have a few more years till you have to sweat it ;-)

Trap me never :mrgreen:

Belated happy birthday. I never forget my birthday, I like to get presents ;-)

Grade school! I`m still acting like its nursery school :lol:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:42 am

Cookie wrote:That strong?

For me it was. It certainly did what it was advertised for. I do not think it would be much use to you as you are all skin and bones with your running kick :butthead:
If you needed to lose some pounds then maybe if you were dead set on using something, but you really need a precise plan in place when coming off.
It really affected my body temperature something fierce.

Cookie wrote:With all the positive feedback I had seen a few of these supplements get on various forums I think going by your experiences I`ll give that stuff a miss even if I did manage to get some free samples.
The Super Cissus Rx was good and I would possibly try that again. The Jackd I liked, but would recommend that only for the occasional jump. The others I would pass on. I may just be an isolated case, which I probably am. I have a theory I am working on. Will share shortly if it pans out.

Cookie wrote:We`ve discussed this before but supplement companies these days are treading a VERY fine line between natural & pharmaceutical & they have a duty of care to their customers. Something I suspect that they`ll claim to do but in reality its the bottom line that just counts. There is a definite sense of egotistical behaviour with companies to have the strongest supplement out there & this clouds their judgement in my honest opinion. Kids now are coming into the field of natural supplements which are on par, if not stronger in some instances, than the pharmaceutical equivalents of 20 years ago.This cannot be good for their long term health or their outlook on a healthy lifestyle.

Yes they are borderline legal imo. I would rather see someone do clen that oxy. With that they would at least be more educated and conservative in their use and approach.
Yes, kids are going to be in for a rude awakening once they pass into their middle years.

The one thing I notice is the cult like following of some of these companies. On some fronts it is almost fanatical and near brainwashing the way they work. These kids are so desperate to belong to something I do not know if if I find it amusing or just plain pathetic.

Cookie wrote:Yeah start a thread up, just found a site for loose tea which I`ll be looking through soon.

Will do. Loose tea is the way brother!

Cookie wrote:Grade school! I`m still acting like its nursery school :lol:

Will you ever stop one upping me? or one downing in this case :mrgreen:
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:08 pm

Melas Zomos wrote: The Super Cissus Rx was good and I would possibly try that again. The Jackd I liked, but would recommend that only for the occasional jump. The others I would pass on. I may just be an isolated case, which I probably am. I have a theory I am working on. Will share shortly if it pans out.

I found the Cissus seemed to give diminishing returns the longer it was used. Started off good but just never finished the job.

Jack3d is looking like a last resort type of product for me to be honest, its just too CNS heavy & it hangs around in the body for far too long.

Yes they are borderline legal imo. I would rather see someone do clen that oxy. With that they would at least be more educated and conservative in their use and approach.
Yes, kids are going to be in for a rude awakening once they pass into their middle years.

I have to agree with you on the use of Clen & most being a lot more educated on its use. Education on these new products is an issue now because the manufacturers throw reams & reams of it at the consumer in their sales pitches & even for me its very hard to take it all in & know where else to look & double check the information given. Not enough testing goes into these products for my liking, a few "beta" testers & then they hit the shelve.

And another thing, the sooner countries make "energy" drinks a 16`s or over drink the better.

The one thing I notice is the cult like following of some of these companies. On some fronts it is almost fanatical and near brainwashing the way they work. These kids are so desperate to belong to something I do not know if if I find it amusing or just plain pathetic.

This goes back to the beta testing & "journals" springing up all over the forums. It feeds an unhealthy "I want some of that" mentality & does all the marketing for the companies for the price of a couple of bottles/tubs per journal. Very sneaky.

I think the internet as a whole now has created a need to "belong" with the younger generations because of its instant gratification when they get replies within seconds of posting something.

The internet seems to make everyone a star & everyone wants to be a star/centre of attention.

Will you ever stop one upping me? or one downing in this case :mrgreen:

I`ll try ;-)

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:22 pm

some energy drinks are over 16s here. Cant remember which ones exactly. My daughter got ID'd trying to buy one :oops: :lol:

I thought the cissus was good when I first started it but tbh by the end of the tub I dont think it made any difference to anything but I was told that the recommended dose I was taking was far too low. I upped it towards the end but I wasnt left wanting to buy any more. I'd like to try it again at a much higher dose for longer but its too pricey.
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

PreviousNext

Return to Nutrition