It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:26 pm
Change font size

Nutrition

Pre workout supplements

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Pre workout supplements

Postby Scott » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:59 pm

had 3 scoops tonight. cant say I noticed anything different than the 2 scoops during the actual workout.
I did feel quite hyper after 20 mins of taking it, which I didnt get with the 2 scoops and its now a hour after training and Im a bit 'jittery', slightly shaky hands.
Im also feeling a tad aggressive but I dont know if thats down to the jack3ed or just the events of the day. I usually pride myself on being a bit chilled most of the time tbh ;-)

quality of the workout however was very good.
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:40 am

Scott wrote:had 3 scoops tonight. cant say I noticed anything different than the 2 scoops during the actual workout.
I did feel quite hyper after 20 mins of taking it, which I didnt get with the 2 scoops and its now a hour after training and Im a bit 'jittery', slightly shaky hands.
Im also feeling a tad aggressive but I dont know if thats down to the jack3ed or just the events of the day. I usually pride myself on being a bit chilled most of the time tbh ;-)

quality of the workout however was very good.

3 scopps made my heart feel like it was going to pack in :shock: very uncomfortable tightness in chest.

Suffered with the aggression things myself when dose was too high. Unsure whether it was down to something the product was having on focus etc or that it was a negative effect from everything being over stimulated. High doses of caffeine can push the adrenal glands too far & cause a blood sugar crash which causes a short temper.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:30 pm

well thats my first tub of jack3d finished. I have to admit that I fucking loved it!!
wasnt convinced during my first week of taking it but I soon figured out the best dosage and timing for me and when I got those nailed I knocked out some of my best workouts in a long time.
Im a sceptical asshole with most things, especially supps, but Im getting more of this stuff ;-)

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:02 pm

Scott wrote:well thats my first tub of jack3d finished. I have to admit that I fucking loved it!!
wasnt convinced during my first week of taking it but I soon figured out the best dosage and timing for me and when I got those nailed I knocked out some of my best workouts in a long time.
Im a sceptical asshole with most things, especially supps, but Im getting more of this stuff ;-)

No trouble sleeping on it then?
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:24 pm

Cookie wrote:
No trouble sleeping on it then?

no, not that Ive really noticed.

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:35 pm

Looks interesting. No 1,3 dim & it even goes to slag the compound off :lol:

http://www.sshealthfoods.com/pages.php? ... tails=2134

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:33 pm

Cookie wrote:Looks interesting. No 1,3 dim & it even goes to slag the compound off :lol:

went a bit too far though dont you think? Ive never had anything close to the experiences on jack3d that he goes on about.

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:00 pm

Scott wrote:went a bit too far though dont you think? Ive never had anything close to the experiences on jack3d that he goes on about.

Possibly but maybe they're more aware of potential side effects or cases that have happened in the states where these things have been around much longer. I know when I tried 3 scoops a couple of times my chest/heart region felt awful for some time afterwards. Not pleasant.

One thing is for sure the 1,3 dim products needed to come out & push the boat as far as they did in-terms of stimulation & trying to mimic ephedrine type drugs because they are showing, in my view, how easy these things are to get attached to, peoples tolerance to the stimulation builds very quickly & the massive need for a product that works on stimulation through focus rather than sheer blasting of the CNS & adrenal glands.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:36 pm

Cookie wrote:Looks interesting. No 1,3 dim & it even goes to slag the compound off :lol:

do you know anyone who's tried this stuff?

I considering one more supplement when I re-stock my protein next week.... might try it.

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:01 pm

Scott wrote:do you know anyone who's tried this stuff?

I considering one more supplement when I re-stock my protein next week.... might try it.

No, found it by accident. Might be worth doing a google to see if it has any reviews.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:31 pm

Been thinking about this "pre workout" malarkey & I think its just a huge money spinner that just leaves the user with a "need to use" mentality more often than not or they can't workout fully.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:21 pm

Cookie wrote:Been thinking about this "pre workout" malarkey & I think its just a huge money spinner that just leaves the user with a "need to use" mentality more often than not or they can't workout fully.

you are probably right. When I had been using jack3d, which was the first pre WO supp id used for years, I always made a point of not using it everytime coz I didnt want to rely on it. Even then I still used it more often then I felt I should.
TBH I never even thought about a pre WO when I was training with my old training partner, it was pointless because he was like a constant kick up the arse! Thats the only thing I miss now that I have my own set up at home.

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

PreviousNext

Return to Nutrition