It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 10:16 am
Change font size

Nutrition

Pre workout supplements

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Pre workout supplements

Postby Cookie » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:28 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:Dude, that video is just plain freaky. I don't think I can ever get used to that night vision filming. I feel like I am watching Syfy Saturday night :shock:

Agree it does rather weird, shocked me the first time I played it back :lol:

Melas Zomos wrote:Your points on Jackd are good. If I use it consecutively then the effects are extremely diminished. If I try using it for multiple sessions, morning then late afternoon, the effects upon the second workout are diminished considerably. However, by keeping it to 2 or 3 times a week, non consecutive doses it seems to work well. Although sometimes it does take a little cns stimulation to get it to fully kick in.

Been thinking more about this today & wondering whether to get a tub to try a few ideas out. My only concern has been the last two sessions its been used on have both been sprint workouts. The following day both times I`ve felt pretty crappy, out of sorts as if sleep has been very bad, had a fright, severe palpitations. Those sort of scenarios. I do wonder if the main ingredient in there over stresses the CNS & with the added stress on the heart/lungs from sprinting its pushed things too far. Need to do some searching to get hold of similar supplements to try them out & see if the effects, good & bad, are the same.

Melas Zomos wrote:Ultramarathon, my feet hurt just typing it. :oops: Not crazy about marathon training. Far too hard to get the necessary calories in to maintain what little I have worked so hard for. But then it is fun trying.

Noticed same thing with the calories, post 10k race was insane, ate stupid amounts of food & was still hungry. Took me 4 days to come round after that race.

Melas Zomos wrote:Also have heard some negative things as related to testosterone levels, which may or may not be a bad thing depending on how you look at it. I can see training for such an event, and then immediately jumping back into bodybuilding/strength training and just seeing the body explode with new growth given the right program and diet. I would also imagine your test levels would shoot through the roof, too having been suppressed. Have not researched it enough to know for sure, going on hearsay. Did you feel any difference in test levels/libido when training for the 10k or was the training too brief to affect?

Bad weeks/months at work affect all of the above quite severely so it was difficult to notice anything different & as you say 6 runs is not enough to get enough feedback. Biggest issues from bits of training I did was joints & tendons. They hurt/ached quite a bit for a couple of days after each run.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:32 pm

Cookie wrote:Been thinking more about this today & wondering whether to get a tub to try a few ideas out. My only concern has been the last two sessions its been used on have both been sprint workouts. The following day both times I`ve felt pretty crappy, out of sorts as if sleep has been very bad, had a fright, severe palpitations. Those sort of scenarios. I do wonder if the main ingredient in there over stresses the CNS & with the added stress on the heart/lungs from sprinting its pushed things too far. Need to do some searching to get hold of similar supplements to try them out & see if the effects, good & bad, are the same.

I would say yes, the main ingredient does something with the CNS. I too have suspected this for awhile now, but really did not know how to confirm it, especially with my workouts being primarily CNS based.
I have had palpitations from caffeine heavy supplements, but not this. They are quite scary.
I have had CNS issues, adrenal fatigue as noted in the other thread, that this might have contributed too now that I look back. I do not think it is the sole culprit by any means, but a possible contributor.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:43 am

Melas Zomos wrote:I would say yes, the main ingredient does something with the CNS. I too have suspected this for awhile now, but really did not know how to confirm it, especially with my workouts being primarily CNS based.
I have had palpitations from caffeine heavy supplements, but not this. They are quite scary.
I have had CNS issues, adrenal fatigue as noted in the other thread, that this might have contributed too now that I look back. I do not think it is the sole culprit by any means, but a possible contributor.

Hate palpitations/ tachycardia type situations from over stimulation. Quite surprised (then again maybe not) that the manufacturers never bothered to get in touch over some of my initial concerns/observations, especially as they should have seen the video via Facebook :roll:

Still on the to do list with getting a tub & some other items out there & giving these things a proper test run in different situations/environments.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:42 pm

Cookie wrote: Quite surprised (then again maybe not) that the manufacturers never bothered to get in touch over some of my initial concerns/observations, especially as they should have seen the video via Facebook :roll:

Quite honestly, the video was probably too long for that aspect. If you cut that down and edited it to a 2-3min video on just the jackd then you would stand a better chance, although the end result more than likely would be the same.

Cookie wrote:Still on the to do list with getting a tub & some other items out there & giving these things a proper test run in different situations/environments.
Very interested, let me know as I may be willing to duplicate the tests on this end.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:10 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:Quite honestly, the video was probably too long for that aspect. If you cut that down and edited it to a 2-3min video on just the jackd then you would stand a better chance, although the end result more than likely would be the same.

Make it shorter.........! Sod that for a game of soldiers. If people can`t concentrate for more then 2-3 minutes then there listening to the wrong guy :mrgreen:

Melas Zomos wrote:Very interested, let me know as I may be willing to duplicate the tests on this end.

Okay. Need to get my head around it first & set out my stall for next years training first.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:37 pm

Cookie wrote:Make it shorter.........! Sod that for a game of soldiers. If people can`t concentrate for more then 2-3 minutes then there listening to the wrong guy :mrgreen:

I hear you bro, I stayed to the end despite the freaky, dilated pupils giving me the hebegebe's :mrgreen:

Just remember you said that when I start sending you chapters :roll:
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:37 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:Just remember you said that when I start sending you chapters :roll:

Are those getting sent by snail mail or is it a revised version of war & peace :mrgreen:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:22 pm

Cookie wrote:
Melas Zomos wrote:Just remember you said that when I start sending you chapters :roll:

Are those getting sent by snail mail or is it a revised version of war & peace :mrgreen:

War and peace, lol.

Keep finding things to improve upon, like my training :mrgreen:
I will send you the first part next week improvements, or not.
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:42 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:Keep finding things to improve upon, like my training :mrgreen:

:stillwaiting:

LOL

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:39 am

Cookie wrote:
Melas Zomos wrote:Keep finding things to improve upon, like my training :mrgreen:

:stillwaiting:

LOL

Yeah I know, I keep finding stuff. Was going over a part of it that really made sense a few weeks ago, but when I reviewed it, it was apparent someone must have slipped me some drugs from Jim Morrisons stash in the 60's. :shock:
I will send you part 1 early next week, you will see what I mean. :mrgreen:
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:12 pm

Seems you can now start knocking up your own Jack3d :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-gram-1-3-Dimeth ... 056wt_1102

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:34 pm

Cookie wrote:Seems you can now start knocking up your own Jack3d :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-gram-1-3-Dimeth ... 056wt_1102

Interesting.

Good find :mrgreen:
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING