Change font size

Nutrition

Pre workout supplements

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Pre workout supplements

Postby Cookie » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:03 pm

Scott wrote:
Cookie wrote: We've all had a long training history behind us & know the ropes when it comes to the various supplements that have hit the shelves over the last decade & with the supplements industries obsession with "mimicking" steroids, thyroid & asthmatic medications..

totally and I'll bet a massive section of these stims supplements customers dont have anything close to the kind of training history we have.
experience of using supplements over the years tells you when to use kid gloves with something. especially when it works as well as things like jack3d.

Yes, very true. With the vast array of pre workout & fat stripping supplements out there all containing items that work as effectively as drugs, in some cases better, we're sitting on a big time bomb with peoples long term health. And these people using cannot see that.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:40 pm

"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:49 pm

Cookie wrote:http://dmaaresearch.com/

Not been right through that yet but so far 10 days of being caffeine & training aid free my resting heart rate is now down 5-10 beats per minute depending what's been done the previous day training wise. Sleep is better, not perfect but very noticeably better. Biggest test(s) will come after this Sunday as I'll be consuming something to help with the half marathon & next week new training phase kicks in which is going to be pretty full on for 8 weeks as I lead into next big race.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:37 pm

http://www.nutraingredients.com/Regulation/UK-begins-DMAA-crackdown

thats it started then ;-)

it does seem very heavy handed when you consider how easy it is to damage your health legally but the supps industry is a total con Im not surprised its being targeted. I wish the same type of effort was put to the food industry as a whole.
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:54 pm

We said all along it was going to happen. I even stated in a video about 18 months back that I had serious doubts about its long term use.

Maybe some of these "supplement" companies should be associated with Spartan-Warriors & get the real low down of what's hot & what's not ;-)

Dam, the years of experience we have on here with all kinds of items used in various sports a company could have more feedback than they could ever imagine & save them a ton of money in the long run.

The industry is just bloody crazy & leading itself by the hand into full regulation.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:01 pm

Some more on the DMAA issue with some very interesting bits on page 2 which mirror my own thoughts so far on the subject.

http://newhope360.com/sports-amp-fitnes ... ues?page=1

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:37 pm

French translation of another article slamming DMAA

http://www.julienvenesson.fr/la-verite- ... du-jack3d/

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:21 pm

Cookie wrote:French translation of another article slamming DMAA

http://www.julienvenesson.fr/la-verite- ... du-jack3d/

Wow, my french is super rusty :shock:

No surprise. I can see potential problems with using it, mainly with overdosing and combining it with additional caffeine. I think the recommended dosing is double what it should be, at least for me. I do see they re-designed the formula and are slated to re-release it. I have mixed feelings about it, and I will be perfectly honest I do keep a tub in stock though use it sparingly.

Here is one I am trying out now, seems to work okay. Just need to get the dosing down. Tad pricey, but the quality seems to be on par.
http://vegasport.com/prepare
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:38 pm

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:41 pm

You got me on that one. Do not believe I have tried it. Are you going to give it a go?
Certainly sounds promising, but we have all been down that road before :mrgreen:
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:46 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:You got me on that one. Do not believe I have tried it. Are you going to give it a go?
Certainly sounds promising, but we have all been down that road before :mrgreen:

Always believe in leading from the front :finga:

Tried one of these.

Pretty intense for a half dose. Felt flushed at first then a little bit of a raised blood pressure feeling in my head. Then the focus kicked in, WOW :shock: it was intense. Nothing like Jack3d. Levels above that & with no jittery feelings just pure intense focus to the point you found yourself staring at things. A little bit unnerving if I'm honest.

If I was doing powerlifting or strongman contests then that type of focus would be ideal because your zoned in like a maniac yet have this amazing mental clarity.

Quite weird.

Lasted about 4 hours & no sign of any negative comedown.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:17 pm

They are really clamping down on this stuff.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpres ... 163441482A

Companies pretty desperate to shift this type of stuff

http://www.bodybuildingwarehouse.co.uk/ ... ack3d-225g

I can see a hell of a lot of deals coming the customers way over the next few months as more & more of the DMAA products are pulled off the shelves.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

PreviousNext

Return to Nutrition