It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 8:39 pm
Change font size

Nutrition

Pre workout supplements

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Pre workout supplements

Postby Cookie » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:29 pm

Scott wrote:some energy drinks are over 16s here. Cant remember which ones exactly. My daughter got ID'd trying to buy one :oops: :lol:

I`ve witnessed fat kids as young as 11 troffing back 500ml bottles of the stuff quite regularly whilst their parents are there [-X

The size of the cans now with the likes of Relentless & Monster are just not needed. I drank a can of Relentless once out of curiosity & I was bolloxed on it. Started to go into panic mode the caffeine content was that high.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:51 pm

Cookie wrote:I`ve witnessed fat kids as young as 11 troffing back 500ml bottles of the stuff quite regularly whilst their parents are there [-X

The size of the cans now with the likes of Relentless & Monster are just not needed. I drank a can of Relentless once out of curiosity & I was bolloxed on it. Started to go into panic mode the caffeine content was that high.

I think a lot of parents dont have a clue what these drinks actually are! Ive never had relentless or monster but youre right, the size of them is something else :shock:
I remember at Uni I was totally hooked on red bull LOL! maybe not physically hooked but mentally I felt like I couldnt get past 1pm without 2 tins :grin:

My daughter got ID'd trying to buy one

for the record... if I had been with her she wouldnt have got it ether :twisted:
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:13 pm

Scott wrote:I think a lot of parents dont have a clue what these drinks actually are! Ive never had relentless or monster but youre right, the size of them is something else :shock:
I remember at Uni I was totally hooked on red bull LOL! maybe not physically hooked but mentally I felt like I couldnt get past 1pm without 2 tins :grin:

I`m finding most parents to be complete & utter buffoons these days when it comes to feeding their kids half decent meals.

Had 2 red bulls ONCE, never got home so fast on the bike. :lol:

My daughter got ID'd trying to buy one

for the record... if I had been with her she wouldnt have got it ether :twisted:[/quote]

And mine wouldn`t have had it either.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:11 am

Cookie wrote:Had 2 red bulls ONCE, never got home so fast on the bike. :lol:

Try bouncing at a bar that had "Red Bull and Vodka" specials every Wed :shock:
Did I mention it was a college crowd :mrgreen: Ahh the good ole days of putting frat boys through the atm machine :supz:

Cookie wrote:I found the Cissus seemed to give diminishing returns the longer it was used. Started off good but just never finished the job.
Yes, I agree. But it does work, even if a tolerance is developed. You would just have to figure out the timeline of the cycle to run, assuming that the tolerance is not permanent of course. Have not tried it a second time, so I can not say.

Cookie wrote:Jack3d is looking like a last resort type of product for me to be honest, its just too CNS heavy & it hangs around in the body for far too long.

Yes on all accounts. I am a little bummed on this one as I really liked the stuff, but the negative outway the positives

Cookie wrote:This goes back to the beta testing & "journals" springing up all over the forums. It feeds an unhealthy "I want some of that" mentality & does all the marketing for the companies for the price of a couple of bottles/tubs per journal. Very sneaky.
Yes, exactly. Very good marketing.

Cookie wrote:I think the internet as a whole now has created a need to "belong" with the younger generations because of its instant gratification when they get replies within seconds of posting something.
Yup and then it translates into the real life.

Cookie wrote:The internet seems to make everyone a star & everyone wants to be a star/centre of attention.
Exactly and that is why youtube is thriving.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby samurai69 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:43 am

holiday in majorca, all holliday i was drinking pints of vodka red bull (50/50) ............ great holiday

when ever i drove back from portugal i used redbull to drive for 16 hour sessions

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Melas Zomos » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:16 pm

samurai69 wrote:holiday in majorca, all holliday i was drinking pints of vodka red bull (50/50) ............ great holiday

when ever i drove back from portugal i used redbull to drive for 16 hour sessions

The original red bull when it came out certainly was something :shock: After it started catching on, especially in the bars, they had to change their formula slightly to somewhat curtail the aggression :mrgreen:

They also marketed a cola, don't know if they still do, that got banned in Germany because of traces of cocaine. Don't know how much of it was just promotional hype or what. The amount was not great, but it was there. They use de-cocainized cocaine. I guess they were trying to duplicate coca colas original formula. A later study on the drink estimated that you needed to drink like 50,000 cans to feel the cocaine effects.

Who knows, maybe you were riding higher than you thought :mrgreen:
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Scott » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:14 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:you needed to drink like 50,000 cans to feel the cocaine effects.

if that was pepsi max I could probably nail the 50,000 :grin:

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:44 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:Try bouncing at a bar that had "Red Bull and Vodka" specials every Wed :shock:

Used to know a guy who had a heart attack thanks to vodka Red Bulls. Had 11 & his ticker gave in. Thankfully he survived.

Scott wrote:if that was pepsi max I could probably nail the 50,000 :grin:

I used to drink about 5 cans of that stuff a night when I did 12 hour nights :lol:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:44 pm

what about pre workout stuff that isnt really a N.O / pump / grrrrrr type supplement?
Ive often felt that something simple like a flapjack 10 mins or so before training has been at the root of some decent sessions. 8-[

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Melas Zomos » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:43 am

Scott wrote:what about pre workout stuff that isnt really a N.O / pump / grrrrrr type supplement?
Ive often felt that something simple like a flapjack 10 mins or so before training has been at the root of some decent sessions. 8-[

Never tried a flapjack pre-workout, only post workout, but what the heck you never know until you try.
This is one of those things that is going to be different for everyone. Of course this is not what the supplement companies want to hear. But every persons workout and body type is different and one might need something for a quick start, another for prolonged, and another just to keep the stomach settled. I used to use a small amount of oatmeal and choc whey pre with good success.
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:47 am

Taurine

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:22 am

Cookie wrote:Taurine

Have you tried it outside of red bull, solo?
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

PreviousNext

Return to Nutrition