Change font size

Nutrition

Adrenal Fatigue

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Adrenal Fatigue

Postby Melas Zomos » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:02 am

please do
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:51 am

Melas Zomos wrote:please do

Will do. Its looking like it could be a tough search at the moment.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:31 pm

just noticed this article on tnation:
http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/the_adrenal_fatigue_cure

you mightve read it already but just incase its useful....
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Melas Zomos » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:18 pm

Scott wrote:just noticed this article on tnation:
http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/the_adrenal_fatigue_cure

No, have not seen it before.
I can agree with a lot of those points and often times, as in my case, it is just a few subtle changes needed to get back on track. I will have to try the eye and blood pressure test and see what happens, did not know about those two.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:18 pm

Will check that out thanks.

Once this race is done I will be able to properly test out this supplement I have for the adrenal`s. Pointless trying it fully now what with the caffeine I am using before training.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Wed May 25, 2011 5:19 pm

Bumping cos I`m a lazy sod who forgot to read it :roll:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:59 pm

Was wondering if they are worth trying

http://www.health-interlink.com/product ... &item=1538

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:36 pm

Was chatting with herbalist today & he made me up a tincture of Siberian/Panax/ Ashwanga to try.

Feeling quite wiped out at the moment. Heat, training hard & still not handling this new working protocol. Sod knows how the rest of the office is handling it with a lot being older & about 95% being a lot less fitter than me. Scary to see how much caffeine & energy drinks are consumed each day before going out of the office by the rest of them so they can get through the workload.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby fits » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:40 pm

Hows that working for you?

I think i will start on some Maca powder I have. I just got myself a bit run down too! I think with my poor quality sleep I an always on the edge of getting run down and ending up with a cold etc. A couple of late nights last weekend, pushed through doing some weights last night and now I have a cold! All will be good by the weekend though.

Let me know how the tincture goes....
Long John silver has nothing on me
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Melas Zomos » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:36 pm

Ashwagandha is one of those tricky herbs that alot is not known about yet.
I have heard it is great on one hand and not so on the other. From what I understand high doses can be counter productive, but this is just theory. High doses would be well over 450mg 3x a day depending on the individual of course. You just have to see how it affects your hormone levels.

Sounds like your herbalist is targeting Prolactin???? Which in itself is worthy of a thread. It is evil to us guys, mentally and physically.
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Melas Zomos » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:44 pm

Oh, I am not trying to talk you out of it. Just trying to figure out which camp is right. ;-)
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:36 pm

fits wrote:Hows that working for you?

I think i will start on some Maca powder I have. I just got myself a bit run down too! I think with my poor quality sleep I an always on the edge of getting run down and ending up with a cold etc. A couple of late nights last weekend, pushed through doing some weights last night and now I have a cold! All will be good by the weekend though.

Let me know how the tincture goes....

I keep forgetting to use the Maca powder I have kicking around :lol:

So far not too bad. Noticed a little bit of a clearer head. TBH its mostly my fault I think I need it. Should listen to my own advice :lol:

Nearly 4 months without any decent time off work or training & with our workload so high now we don't get the summer lull we used to get which is finally catching up with loads of us. Shocking to see how much caffeine & 500ml energy drinks are being chugged down each morning at work just so people can get through the workload.

Melas Zomos wrote:Ashwagandha is one of those tricky herbs that alot is not known about yet.
I have heard it is great on one hand and not so on the other. From what I understand high doses can be counter productive, but this is just theory. High doses would be well over 450mg 3x a day depending on the individual of course. You just have to see how it affects your hormone levels.

New one on me so no experience to go on. Next time I'm in I'll ask him what each dosage was as it doesn't say on the bottle. He just makes up the tinctures in front of you.

Melas Zomos wrote:Sounds like your herbalist is targeting Prolactin???? Which in itself is worthy of a thread. It is evil to us guys, mentally and physically.

Post up a thread, interested in reading about it.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

PreviousNext

Return to Nutrition