Change font size

Nutrition

Pre Bed Protein

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Pre Bed Protein

Postby westy » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:53 pm

Hi guys

Does anyone know of any proteins out there that are similar to reflex whey refresh http://www.reflex-nutrition.com/product ... fresh.html (i.e. taste more like squash than a milkshake) but would be suitable for pre-bed?

As most of the casein products are normal powders and to be honest I really don't like drinking those before bed. I could drink one like whey refresh but as I understand a whey protein shake before bed isn't as good as a casein?

I have heard that you can just drink milk but I have a bit of a lactose intolerance, it's not too bad but drinking a pint of milk makes it harder for me to breath in bed so an alternative would be great.

Any ideas?
westy
Helot
Helot

Re: Pre Bed Protein

Postby Cookie » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:34 pm

What are you like with cottage cheese?

I have some cottage cheese with a small banana (high in L`Tryptophan) & don`t have any problems with digestion.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Re: Pre Bed Protein

Postby Melas Zomos » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:29 pm

Are you having this to curb hunger or for recovery?

If you have access to raw milk, you may want to give that go and see how it settles as this is a lot different from "regular" milk.

Spoonful of BCAA's works well before bed.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Return to Nutrition