It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:49 am
Change font size

Nutrition

Energy during training

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Energy during training

Postby HAIL PAYASO » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:14 am

Hey guys. Just wondering if there are good suplements to mantain energy levels during a training. Some guy said that isotonic drinks and ginkgo biloba should help, but im not sure about it. When i train mma we train to exaustion and thats cool, the problem is that i want to train even more.

Also want to know about the explosion, when we are all tired and then BOOM!!! explode to burn our last gas. Is there anithing that can improve that? I know that running is good and tabatas even better, and I already do the phisical training to get all that, just want to know if there are something we can eat or drink that can help me to in this. Before during or after training.

Im tired of hear recomendations and everyone seens to tell me something diferent, so before try everything and fuck my body, im here asking to the experts hehehe.

Thanks.
HAIL PAYASO
Helot
Helot

Re: Energy during training

Postby Cookie » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:38 pm

Isotonic drink would help with replacing salts you`ve lost through sweat or you could make your own up with water, fresh lemon/lime juice, pinch sea salt & a couple tablespoons honey for energy.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:06 pm

Cookie wrote: water, fresh lemon/lime juice, pinch sea salt & a couple tablespoons honey for energy.

this is a good mix. Personally I use lemon slices in water, and if needed I will just take a teaspoon of honey separately. I just not like having the honey in the water during training (personal preference on taste only.)

Having that burst and stamina is really going to come down to your nutrition and recovery over the whole week. If you are spot on all week long with your meals, hydration, sleep then you will be able to run circles around the competition.
Training obviously also plays into this. You just need to keep at it and increase your work threshold.

Yes there are other formulas and products out their, but they all come at a cost as you suspected and I have found out personally over time :mrgreen: .
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:35 pm

The lemon/lime juice adds some extra vitamin c which helps with recovery.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:40 pm

Cookie wrote:The lemon/lime juice adds some extra vitamin c which helps with recovery.

I can certainly attest to the effectiveness of lemons (fresh), especially in hot weather training. I constantly keep a dozen lemons on hand year round.
Have not tried limes though.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Return to Nutrition