It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 11:30 am
Change font size

Nutrition

Cartilage

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Cartilage

Postby Cookie » Sun May 01, 2011 6:31 am

Any thoughts on what supplements someone could take to help with slowing down cartilage wasting?

Have a friend with a serious hip cartilage issue & they are sick of the painkillers the doctors are pumping them full of. I know gelatine is an old weightlifters trick but I`m sure there are some others which I can`t remember at the moment ](*,)
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Re: Cartilage

Postby samurai69 » Sun May 01, 2011 7:16 am

gelatine

tumeric

glucosamine and chondritine

evening primrose oil

high does fish oils are supposed to help

i think there was something too about glycerine helping more with fluid in ther joints to help

..........................TBH the gelatine and the glucosamine are the best 2, all the tests stated the glucosamine did help with re building the hiline (sp) cartilege

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Scott » Sun May 01, 2011 11:56 am

Id try high dose cissus for a couple of months as well as some gelatine.
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Mon May 02, 2011 7:57 am

There are some others as well that I can`t remember.

One was H........... acid ](*,)
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby fits » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:45 pm

As above, plus some MSM and vitamin C. You can make a good Vit C Gelatine. Be careful with high dosing Glucosomine as it may interfere with blood glucose transporting into cells which could make any current insulin resistance worse. They use of Gymnema Sylvestre could help with this and I believe Natures Answer sell a supplement with both.

For fast relief an anti inflammatory diet should be started and STOP THE PAINKILLERS! easier said than done I know but these things actually ruin the gut lining and speed up the destruction.

Some L Glutamine might help speed up recovery of the gut lining, and if the person has a juicer, all greens will be good drank but especially spinach and cabbage.

To help lower any inflammation use my Pineapple, Ginger, Turmeric and cinnamon drink, it is amazing!
Long John silver has nothing on me
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:11 pm

fits wrote:As above, plus some MSM and vitamin C. You can make a good Vit C Gelatine. Be careful with high dosing Glucosomine as it may interfere with blood glucose transporting into cells which could make any current insulin resistance worse. They use of Gymnema Sylvestre could help with this and I believe Natures Answer sell a supplement with both.

For fast relief an anti inflammatory diet should be started and STOP THE PAINKILLERS! easier said than done I know but these things actually ruin the gut lining and speed up the destruction.

Some L Glutamine might help speed up recovery of the gut lining, and if the person has a juicer, all greens will be good drank but especially spinach and cabbage.

To help lower any inflammation use my Pineapple, Ginger, Turmeric and cinnamon drink, it is amazing!

Cheers mate will pass that lot on. :grin:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby fits » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:59 pm

I hope some good comes of it.
Long John silver has nothing on me
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.