It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 6:57 am
Change font size

Nutrition

Jamie Oliver

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Jamie Oliver

Postby Scott » Fri May 20, 2011 6:30 pm

have you seen how huch fibre is in these 'fibre' cereals? its not worth a wank. The big green WHOLEGRAIN banners on the top of nestle cereals?? LOL! what a joke.

That throws all the blame onto the consumer if they eat all three in one go

totally. and the fact that they get away with it so easily is down to the politicians. Its like McDs.... they have this fall back line of 'moderation' and 'its a treat' yet nearly every advert pushes a visit for everyone everyday.

double standards and mis-information = big profits and kickbacks to the people you elect to run your country.

I do watch that so will keep listening to catch what he says. You`ll find most "nutritionists will tell people to eat breakfast cereals.

defo, listen out for it. Ive heard it a few times. He recommends fortified cereals.... so cereals which were so void of any nutritional value that they had to force in some shit low end vit source. Why does he not just recomend something decent?

I know someone who works in a school kitchen & the things they tell me makes my blood boil. Kids get served X, Y Z because they have to have something from each food group. 90% of the fruit & vegetables on kids plates ends up in the bin. Kids taking packed lunches of bread & jam with a chocolate bar & can of coke

I can imagine. I stopped my lad eating school dinners after seeing the menu. It was just shit. I dont expect a 10 year old to walk past a plate of chips and choose the fucking salad.....

Why can I walk into a supermarket and get amazing deals on alchohol but not on chicken. Why are pringles and dairy milk always on special offer every other week yet the price of free range eggs has risen?
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Sat May 21, 2011 3:52 pm

Scott wrote:have you seen how huch fibre is in these 'fibre' cereals? its not worth a wank. The big green WHOLEGRAIN banners on the top of nestle cereals?? LOL! what a joke.

The words are in the words. if there is the smallest amount in there they can milk it for all its worth. About as much fibre in a chocolate bar as in cereals.

totally. and the fact that they get away with it so easily is down to the politicians. Its like McDs.... they have this fall back line of 'moderation' and 'its a treat' yet nearly every advert pushes a visit for everyone everyday.

Its all about deferring the blame. Same with the excessive adverts for alcohol, all backed by the "drinkaware" pish thrown onto the screen in small print. McD`s now are open nearly 24 hours per day. That`s not a "treat" in my book.

defo, listen out for it. Ive heard it a few times. He recommends fortified cereals.... so cereals which were so void of any nutritional value that they had to force in some shit low end vit source. Why does he not just recomend something decent?

They take the bloody goodness out of the cereals in the processing then as you say throw in substandard non natural replacements ](*,)

I can imagine. I stopped my lad eating school dinners after seeing the menu. It was just shit. I dont expect a 10 year old to walk past a plate of chips and choose the fucking salad.....

Far too much choice in schools today. We got by on 1 or 2 choices so kids could quite easily manage today or starve. They`ll soon learn & find their taste buds.

Why can I walk into a supermarket and get amazing deals on alchohol but not on chicken. Why are pringles and dairy milk always on special offer every other week yet the price of free range eggs has risen?

Funny how we have come full circle. 200 years ago the poor only ate vegetables & nicked the odd rabbit off his Lordships land. Now the poor can get meat, all be it very poor quality. But can`t afford to eat vegetables which are the things that are vital for a healthy life. :smt102
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Wed May 25, 2011 5:26 pm

see Denmark has banned marmite because of the fortified vits :lol: They had previously banned some cereals for the same reason apparently.
I think thats fucking awesome =D> This country would NEVER ban a kellogs product...... never ever.

funny how we have TV nutritionists advocating fortified cereals yet Denmark are banning them :-k

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Wed May 25, 2011 5:32 pm

Scott wrote:see Denmark has banned marmite because of the fortified vits :lol: They had previously banned some cereals for the same reason apparently.
I think thats fucking awesome =D> This country would NEVER ban a kellogs product...... never ever.

funny how we have TV nutritionists advocating fortified cereals yet Denmark are banning them :-k

I`ve not read the full details yet but banning Marmite [-X

Love the stuff & for good reasons ;-)

As for the cereals ban =D> :prayer: :supz: =D> :prayer: :supz:

Cereals should only be eaten after you`ve worked your ass off in the gym :lol:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Wed May 25, 2011 5:41 pm

Cookie wrote:
Cereals should only be eaten after you`ve worked your ass off in the gym :lol:

I'd just ban the lot of them. :twisted:

Id also ban booze............ but for different reasons ;-)

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Wed May 25, 2011 5:44 pm

Scott wrote:Id also ban booze............ but for different reasons ;-)

Now now you can go banning Buckfast :lol: :mrgreen:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Thu May 26, 2011 4:15 pm

Watching the second episode now.

You`ve got to love the American way with words..."Culinary arts" :lol:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Sat May 28, 2011 4:22 pm

Been reading that Mr Oliver`s shooting straight from the hip approach has not gone down too well across the pond. TV company has pulled the plug after 2 episodes with the remaining 4 episodes not due to be shown till June.

"If you can`t handle the heat stay out of the kitchen" :mrgreen:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Sun May 29, 2011 6:47 am

pulled the plug because he is an annoying little shit........no need for another reason

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Melas Zomos » Mon May 30, 2011 3:29 am

Cookie wrote:All because kids over in America these days can`t drink milk unless its flavoured ](*,)

http://www.spartan-warriors.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4991

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I do get your point, and most go right or the sodas instead of milk. I was shocked to find they now have soda machines in schools. It is wrong, but with all the budget cut backs I am sad to say it is almost a necessity.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Mon May 30, 2011 5:17 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4991

I do get your point, and most go right or the sodas instead of milk. I was shocked to find they now have soda machines in schools. It is wrong, but with all the budget cut backs I am sad to say it is almost a necessity.

Nothing wrong with some chocolate milk as long as you`ve earned it ;-) Hey I even let my offspring have some once training is over :mrgreen:

I thought they had banned all soda / pop machines in US schools?

What the hell has happened to kids chugging back a pint or two of water when they are thirsty?

Its all I ever did. Pop was too expensive :cry:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Tue May 31, 2011 6:31 am

Cookie wrote:
Melas Zomos wrote:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4991

Nothing wrong with some chocolate milk as long as you`ve earned it ;-) Hey I even let my offspring have some once training is over :mrgreen:

I thought they had banned all soda / pop machines in US schools?

What the hell has happened to kids chugging back a pint or two of water when they are thirsty?

Its all I ever did. Pop was too expensive :cry:

most of the kids i know are chugging back a pint or two ....... but its not water they are doing it with

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

PreviousNext

Return to Nutrition