It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 11:08 am
Change font size

Nutrition

Pounding soya

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Pounding soya

Postby Cookie » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:23 am

"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Re: Pounding soya

Postby Cookie » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:29 pm

So if America`s strongest man is using soya protein is it good enough for the rest of us?
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:02 pm

Solae=Genetically modifed soy.
Marketing at its best, stay away my friend.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:05 am

Melas Zomos wrote:Solae=Genetically modifed soy.

This si what I`m trying to work out. Why would such a high profile name like Poundstone put his name to such a product?

Soy is supposed to be bad for men because of its effects on testosterone & estrogen. Yet here is a guy who is the epitome of strong promoting such a product.

Obviously money must come into the equation, yet trawling the internet forums & it seems that soy is making a comeback :???:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:18 am

Cookie wrote:
Melas Zomos wrote:Solae=Genetically modifed soy.

This si what I`m trying to work out. Why would such a high profile name like Poundstone put his name to such a product?

Soy is supposed to be bad for men because of its effects on testosterone & estrogen. Yet here is a guy who is the epitome of strong promoting such a product.

Obviously money must come into the equation, yet trawling the internet forums & it seems that soy is making a comeback :???:

go friend him on facebook and ask the question
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Melas Zomos » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:09 pm

Cookie wrote:Obviously money must come into the equation, yet trawling the internet forums & it seems that soy is making a comeback :???:

It is all about the $$$ bro. In this economy people are selling out for whatever they can get. It is amazing how people will turn the other cheek when $$$ are at stake.
Trust me, soy is making a comeback because of the huge investments from corporations that have a whole lot at stake. They are making a play at "ending world hunger" through genetically modified foods. Soy is just the first step. Once GM foods gain acceptability if will be a plague. Solai = nameless big corporation (you can figure it out) = GM = tremendous stake in third world as well as here.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby fits » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:28 pm

Soy is probably one of the worst foods to consume. Apart from the Endocrine disrupting effects, anti nutrient effects, it is almost totally GMO and has been scientifically proven to damdge the thyroid and intestinal tract. http://www.westonaprice.org/soy-alert/1 ... -prisoners

As above, money talks unfortunately.
Long John silver has nothing on me
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:47 pm

fits wrote:Soy is probably one of the worst foods to consume. Apart from the Endocrine disrupting effects, anti nutrient effects, it is almost totally GMO and has been scientifically proven to damdge the thyroid and intestinal tract. http://www.westonaprice.org/soy-alert/1 ... -prisoners

As above, money talks unfortunately.

Used to do a lot of reading on the Weston price site.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:26 pm

I am as Anti-Soy as anybody, but hell keep giving it to the prisoners. If you wanted a choice in your diet then you should not have committed the crime.
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby fits » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:39 pm

Aye, I am with you there, but it highlights the fact that this GMO Shit is damaging......and it is STILL sold as a health food and it is still being added to baby formulars
Long John silver has nothing on me
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:47 pm

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Return to Nutrition