It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 6:36 am
Change font size

Nutrition

The Food Revolution

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

The Food Revolution

Postby Cookie » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:08 pm

"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Re: The Food Revolution

Postby samurai69 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:30 pm

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:02 pm

samurai69 wrote:got as far as "jamie oliver" then turned over............... :twisted:

Good article if I say so myself. :grin: Your missing a treat & something very close to my heart.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:31 pm

Cookie wrote:
samurai69 wrote:got as far as "jamie oliver" then turned over............... :twisted:

Good article if I say so myself. :grin: Your missing a treat & something very close to my heart.

will look tomorrow morning......
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:30 pm

samurai69 wrote:will look tomorrow morning......

And???????????????

Going to re-read & update. Think it needs tweaking.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:52 pm

update and i will read it

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Melas Zomos » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:54 pm

It is certainly a revolution that needs to happen, but I am pessimistic that it will in anything other than private schools.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:03 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:It is certainly a revolution that needs to happen, but I am pessimistic that it will in anything other than private schools.

The last episode saw a new head of the district take over. A doctor IIRC. He stated that all flavoured milk was being pulled to begin with.

They brought the new menus in over here into all schools. I don't agree with the new menus (I speak to someone who works in the school kitchens so get to know) but they are a dam site better than they used to be.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:41 pm

Growing up I was luck enough to go to a school that had a really dedicated kitchen staff and then made sure you ate a balanced meal. You really had no choice in the matter. You had a small choice of options for that day but all reasonably healthy considering. Everyday was a different menu. Of course they eventually downsized it and shopped it out to contractors and it went down hill from their.
Once that happened, as it did in most of the public schools, the quality and selection went down the hill. And they started to give you an option of what to eat. So my meals went from Oven baked chicken, rice, green beans, and milk to Pizza, French Fries, and Chocolate milk :mrgreen: At the time I thought it was the greatest change in the world. What kid would not go for those choices, but now ](*,)
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:41 am

I've updated the blog with some additions near the end.

And corrected some spelling mistakes :oops:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Return to Nutrition