Nutrition

Begginers Nutrition guide help

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Begginers Nutrition guide help

Postby Cookie » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:40 pm

Scott wrote:
Cookie wrote:
I agree. BUT I do think people should "aim" to make sure there is one bowel movement per day. For me I can go more than once it all depends on what I'll eaten or whether I've done any heavy direct abdominal training.

yeah, it does depend on a few things.
If I have 7 ( or even 6 ) shits per week and some other bloke had 21 Im not going to be worried that there is something with my diet that needs fixed or that he is more healthy then me. That was kinda what I was trying to say.

also..... this is getting a bit anal :mrgreen:

I think the idea stems from the "possible" removal of more waste matter which can't then go toxic inside your bowels. Quite sure its the Japanese that examine their poo to check on their health :-k
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby fits » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:14 pm

No not the drinks, either a good capsual or get into kefir. (home made) Plain natural yogurt is ok but not as good as kefir but not many people can be bothered to get involved in having kefir grains. (by the way cookie if you want to try these I could possibly send you over some)

I used to think pro-biotics were just another supplement that H&B likes to pump, but they are majourly important for optimal health and helping to keep disease away, especially as we age. If you don't want to get into that then lots of pre-biotic foods like like the onion, garlic and leek type soups. Fermented cabbage is good too. Without doubt you need to keep the good boys strong within.

The two hours of kick boxing training along with shift work in my opinion is too much if your goals are to add muscle. Of course it depends on sleep, diet and over all recovery ability, we are all a little different and the intensity of the two hours training will matter allot but, to generalise, I would say drop intensity or some duration if your goals are to GROW.

Again bowel movements are individual. However, if your eating a good amount of food, again with the intentions of building muscle, and your eating three to six meals per day you should definitely be going regular. If food is staying in your system longer than 16 or so hours then you will be getting some detrimental re-absorbtion of toxins from the colon. This will be double toxic and more to the body compared with the first time your body dealt with it. I am talking more from experience with that as I have had many problems over the years and have had to stop 'bulking' due to getting bunged up. I have to make a concious effort to eat and not to eat certain foods etc to keep things flowing... too much info??? I hope your eating right now lol
Long John silver has nothing on me
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Scott » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:57 pm

fits wrote:No not the drinks, either a good capsual or get into kefir. (home made) Plain natural yogurt is ok but not as good as kefir but not many people can be bothered to get involved in having kefir grains. (by the way cookie if you want to try these I could possibly send you over some)

I used to think pro-biotics were just another supplement that H&B likes to pump, but they are majourly important for optimal health and helping to keep disease away, especially as we age. If you don't want to get into that then lots of pre-biotic foods like like the onion, garlic and leek type soups. Fermented cabbage is good too. Without doubt you need to keep the good boys strong within.

Cool, I was sure you were not on about the drinks. Can you recommend any decent capsules for this kind of thing? I wouldn't mind trying some.

fits wrote: The two hours of kick boxing training along with shift work in my opinion is too much if your goals are to add muscle. Of course it depends on sleep, diet and over all recovery ability, we are all a little different and the intensity of the two hours training will matter allot but, to generalise, I would say drop intensity or some duration if your goals are to GROW.

Its a fair point.
From my own experience I find the stand up MMA training to be easy to recover from and the class itself will tend to vary in intensity so youre not going full on for 2 hours solid. I think it does you good, but I dont do shift work.

fits wrote: Again bowel movements are individual. However, if your eating a good amount of food, again with the intentions of building muscle, and your eating three to six meals per day you should definitely be going regular. If food is staying in your system longer than 16 or so hours then you will be getting some detrimental re-absorbtion of toxins from the colon. This will be double toxic and more to the body compared with the first time your body dealt with it. I am talking more from experience with that as I have had many problems over the years and have had to stop 'bulking' due to getting bunged up. I have to make a concious effort to eat and not to eat certain foods etc to keep things flowing... too much info??? I hope your eating right now lol

totally agree. but the 'optimum' amount of times is too varied and individual to put a number on it imo. most stuff Ive read goes from 3 times a week to 3 times a day unless they are trying to sell you a colonic.
just not something Id worry too much about unless there was obvious symptoms.
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Bushi » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:29 am

fits wrote:Thanks, I stayed up late to write that, I hope he reads it lol

a fantastic and helpful reply thanks, will try to adhere to them, shift work is a bit of a bugger its 3:30 am now im absolutley shatterd and starving and im working my ass off i can feel my muscles eating themselfs not a good place to be, and im here till 8am

im wondering if there are any good supplements i could also be taking
Bushi
Helot
Helot

Postby Cookie » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:16 am

Bushi wrote:a fantastic and helpful reply thanks, will try to adhere to them, shift work is a bit of a bugger its 3:30 am now im absolutley shatterd and starving and im working my ass off i can feel my muscles eating themselfs not a good place to be, and im here till 8am

im wondering if there are any good supplements i could also be taking

A good quality multi vitamin & mineral tablet and a protein/meal replacement supplement so you can have a shake when eating solid food is not always possible. Maybe try making some protein loaded flapjacks that you could munch on at work instead of having to cook something or rely on sandwiches.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Previous

Return to Nutrition