It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 6:24 pm
Change font size

Nutrition

Food cravings.

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Food cravings.

Postby Cookie » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:39 pm

Bit crazy this one but I've been craving mushy peas for a few weeks now. On the radio the other day there was a story about a woman who had been craving lettuce and was eating quite a bit of it. Her husband I think was a doctor and had seen this before so sent her for some tests. Turned out she had some form of cancer and the lettuce was the bodies way of fighting it.

This has had me thinking why the hell I've been craving what I have but can't find much of specific cravings. Nearest was these

http://www.naturopathyworks.com/pages/cravings.php

http://whfoods.org/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=55

It would seem that peas a pretty good nutrition wise. A lot more than I had given them credit for.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Re: Food cravings.

Postby Scott » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:57 pm

Cookie wrote:
It would seem that peas a pretty good nutrition wise. A lot more than I had given them credit for.

Never eaten mushy peas. I usually eat peas raw out of the pod but its not something I eat all that often.
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:56 pm

Scott wrote:Never eaten mushy peas. I usually eat peas raw out of the pod but its not something I eat all that often.

Not seen any good quality peas in the body for sometime but with this constant craving for peas I think its time to make up some of that pea soup I posted in another thread.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:06 pm

you lot should stop fucking about and eat a proper balance of foods

peas are in season now and should be eaten NOW........................cookie, those hours in the car where you made me talk about diet....didnt you listen

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:17 pm

samurai69 wrote:you lot should stop fucking about and eat a proper balance of foods

peas are in season now and should be eaten NOW........................cookie, those hours in the car where you made me talk about diet....didnt you listen

I do eat a balanced diet, lots of food :finga:

I've just been thrown with the food craving for peas which is an odd one to crave. Normally if I crave carbohydrates its a sign of needing more water in my system, if its something really sweet then my blood sugar has plummeted.

Remember once being told by a popular supplement makers owner not to eat peas :-k

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:31 pm

samurai69 wrote:you lot should stop fucking about and eat a proper balance of foods

:roll:
my diet is plenty balanced thanks.
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Return to Nutrition