It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 10:00 am
Change font size

Nutrition

Is bread the enemy?

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Is bread the enemy?

Postby johno » Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:40 am

Had a little experiment with my weight this week.

I have been eating fairly clean over the last month combined with new weights.

I have lost no weight in 4 weeks but my weight will fluctuate ove rthe weekends.

I start the week at 84kg and will drop to 82/83 by Friday. Then relexing the eating over the weekend but not going mad. By sunday monday I'll be back on 84kg+

This weekend I was diterminded to see if bread was the issue as I eat no bread in teh week but can eat a bit at the weekend.

Saturday morning my wife made me a Bacon and egg sandwich < not a good start 2 slices.

Last night we went out to eat at the local fish resturant and I avoided the bread basket.

Food during Sat was OK and weigh in this morning up nearly 1kg.

So is bread casuing the weight fluctuation and therefore the water weight I'm guessing?
johno
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby fits » Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:15 pm

i think you would have to do a more controlled, and detailed experiment than that to find out for sure.

you can deink a litre of water and put on a KG or there abouts. Maybe salt? I think too much bread does me, be it the carbs/salt etc. I get bloated from too much. a litle should not make much of a difference though.....surely?

Maybe cut out all bread for two weeks and see what happens. Have you tried the 14 day atkins diet that OSC (i think) posted up?
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby samurai69 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:26 am

Saturday morning my wife made me a Bacon and egg sandwich < not a good start 2 slices.

Last night we went out to eat at the local fish resturant and I avoided the bread basket.

^^^^^^^^ :roll:

;-)
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:38 am

I think we have been here before :?:

Anyway if you think it is a certain food that makes you hold weight then the solution is to avoid it for a period of time and then reintroduce in very small amounts to see your bodies effects...

Like fits said try a 14 atkins of ondergrond type diet to see how much weight you drop on a very calorie controlled diet.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby johno » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:44 am

Whats up with Bacon and eggs?

All protien? + some salt?
johno
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby johno » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:47 am

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:I think we have been here before :?:

Anyway if you think it is a certain food that makes you hold weight then the solution is to avoid it for a period of time and then reintroduce in very small amounts to see your bodies effects...

Like fits said try a 14 atkins of ondergrond type diet to see how much weight you drop on a very calorie controlled diet.

Yes we have mate, but this has now clarified the situation.

This isn't a problem for me, I'm just curious as to what happens to your body when you eat certain things.

It could also be a slight carb load as the RegX meals arn't heavy with carbs in the week are they?

So it might not be the bread per say but just eating more carbs?
johno
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby Cookie » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:52 pm

So it might not be the bread per say but just eating more carbs?

Then you need to try it with other carbs to see if it works for those as well...
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby johno » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:29 pm

More than normal amounts of Carbs to check
johno
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Return to Nutrition