Change font size

Nutrition

Supplements for muscle gain

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Supplements for muscle gain

Postby Bushi » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:51 am

Looking for some help here and a good kick start,

i used to go to the gym and used protein and did find a good bodyshape i was hapy with that was years ago though,

now i dont go to the gym anymore, but i do train in kickboxing 2 hrs a week, and also ju jitsu 2 hrs a week

im looking to build some muscle mass and have a good sculpted body
my diet is very very poor as im as single man but i know this is no excuse at all =;
so what im asking for really is would supplements be a good move for me something like phd pharma gain, a pre and post workout shake after training, or should i also be going to the gym
any help greatly appreceated
Bushi
Helot
Helot

Re: Supplements for muscle gain

Postby Cookie » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:05 pm

Bushi wrote:Looking for some help here and a good kick start,

i used to go to the gym and used protein and did find a good bodyshape i was hapy with that was years ago though,

now i dont go to the gym anymore, but i do train in kickboxing 2 hrs a week, and also ju jitsu 2 hrs a week

im looking to build some muscle mass and have a good sculpted body
my diet is very very poor as im as single man but i know this is no excuse at all =;
so what im asking for really is would supplements be a good move for me something like phd pharma gain, a pre and post workout shake after training, or should i also be going to the gym
any help greatly appreceated

The two bits I have highlighted need to be addressed first & foremost. Without a decent diet nothing is going to give you the results you deserve for the hard work you put in in other areas. The gym work will help with your all round fitness & strength levels for the martial arts you are doing.

A protein shake after training is a good idea, especially if you don't have instant access to food. This will help you with your overall recovery.

A good quality multi vitamin & mineral is also a good place to start supplement wise.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:09 pm

Yup, get that diet straight first, good multi, and then put together a training plan for the gym to compliment your skill work. Once you get a foundation and plan in place then see what you need supplement wise.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Savage » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:20 pm

yeah diet first get it sorted, also maybe look at resistance training that is going to help your martial arts, depending on what style or weight class your in bigger muscles may be a hinderance rather than a good thing.
Savage
Helot
Helot

Return to Nutrition