It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 12:38 am
Change font size

Nutrition

curry and beef from scottish co

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

curry and beef from scottish co

Postby samurai69 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:18 pm

we iordered some beef cuts from one of the scottish companies weell the meat though not cheap has been exceellent

we had 1 bit of riump steak left so i diced it down in to thin slithers and knocked up an egyptian style curry with loads of tumeric

basically thin sliced meat and loads of onions sliced up and start the process off in pan (frying withabout 1 spoon of olive oil then chuck in Okra, peppers green and red and potatoes leave to cook until tender...........right from the start chuck in a table spoon of Bols Curry Powder (the best curry powder ever) and about 1 table spoon of tumeric, i also chuck in 2 oxo cubes that it

plenty of water as i like this curry quite runny as the okra can be quite glupey and the potatoes naturally thicken it

very tasty

add to rice.........and eat

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Re: curry and beef from scottish co

Postby Cookie » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:35 pm

We used to get meat from Puddle Dub I think it was called. They were Scottish & supplied Aberdeen Angus & water buffalo. Both were very nice but the cost got too much to keep ordering.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:17 am

cost is high, but quality is very good
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:38 pm

samurai69 wrote:cost is high, but quality is very good

Been trying that route for some time with better quality food & trying to use less but its getting too hard to keep everything under budget.

Weekly shop is crippling us at the moment.

Christmas will have to go on hold this year.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:27 pm

you can still get by, but deffinately need to watch pennies as well as keep quality..........tough but do able

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Melas Zomos » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:43 pm

I do not know how things work there, but here if you find a local farm you trust and buy a quarter,half, or whole cow and have them send it to a non USDA (I am sure you have something equivalent) butcher. The cost is half as much and it is the same beef. Of course you need a large freezer or friends to share in the bounty.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:07 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:I do not know how things work there, but here if you find a local farm you trust and buy a quarter,half, or whole cow and have them send it to a non USDA (I am sure you have something equivalent) butcher. The cost is half as much and it is the same beef. Of course you need a large freezer or friends to share in the bounty.

I can see the cattle we eat in the fields near the house as I use my local farmers shop round the corner.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:11 am

Cookie wrote:
Melas Zomos wrote:I do not know how things work there, but here if you find a local farm you trust and buy a quarter,half, or whole cow and have them send it to a non USDA (I am sure you have something equivalent) butcher. The cost is half as much and it is the same beef. Of course you need a large freezer or friends to share in the bounty.

I can see the cattle we eat in the fields near the house as I use my local farmers shop round the corner.

Can't beat that. Kids ever give you grief over it?
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:25 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:Can't beat that. Kids ever give you grief over it?

Well they don't see the slaughtering :lol:

As far as I'm aware they know where each type of meat comes from & what goes on to get the meat to your table so no never had any issues from them.

True carnivores, they love meat as much as me :mrgreen:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:50 am

You raised the right then. :supz:
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:37 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:You raised the right then. :supz:

Yep, the force is strong in them :mrgreen:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Return to Nutrition