It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 4:05 pm
Change font size

Nutrition

Bulking Diet

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Bulking Diet

Postby KillerLoop » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:50 pm

Having been out of training for a while I am getting back into shape and prepering to bulk again. Having read up on Gironda's and others views on eggs I am planning to add 15 or so to my new bulking diet which is something I have never done. This is the new diet I am planning for the near future so tell me what you think and where you would mix things up, if at all?

Meal 1: 5 eggs, oats with milk, banana
Meal 2: Chicken sandwich with wholmeal bread, protein flapjack
Meal 3: 5 eggs, oats with milk
Meal 4: PW shake: 50 gams whey with 80 grams maltodextrin
Meal 5: Evening dinner eg spag bog
Meal 6: 5 eggs with a small egg and milk protein shake
KillerLoop

Postby dynamatiz » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:31 pm

just takin a quick look there mate, whats your stats

and in my opinion you need more whole protein sources i.e beef , pork fish example tyr and make meak 3 a plated meal example chicken breast, jacket optatoes and veg

get some slabs of steak thrown in there, try and cut out come of your shakes and replace them for proper plated meals, this is just my opinon like, but this is what i am trying to do atm , i by no means am i an expert

but you cant beat whole foods imo
dynamatiz
Hoplite
Hoplite

Postby Cookie » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:49 pm

Agree with Dyma...needs meal 3 to be a solid meal if possible plus you need some veg/salads in there with all your solid meals...

Plus aim not to be eating exactly the same foods each and everyday, rotate your food sources and the times you have a certain food...as an example if you have chicken for dinner one day have it for tea the following day...

Look also to be adding herbs and spices to your meals to keep them interesting and stop you from hitting that boredom factor that happens when people are on the same stuff for weeks on end...
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:43 pm

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote: meal 3 to be a solid meal if possible

just curious... isnt eggs and oatmeal a solid meal?
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby KillerLoop » Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:07 pm

Yeah thats what I was thinking lol.

Scrambled eggs and a bowl of porridge is a solid meal is it not?

There are not really any substantial shakes other than post workout and a small one at night with my scrambled eggs. I don't think that is a whole load of shakes is it?

I could have a steak and eggs meal in there instead of just eggs and porridge perhaps?
KillerLoop

Postby KillerLoop » Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:08 pm

Also has anyone had any luck with gaining on a lot of eggs in their diet? It seemed to work for the old school guys.

BTW I am not downing my eggs raw which I think some of you guys thought I was doing.
KillerLoop

Postby Cookie » Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:09 pm

Scrambled eggs and a bowl of porridge is a solid meal is it not?

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHh but you didn`t say scrambled eggs you just said eggs and oats and some people make shakes out of those.. :grin:

Like I said earlier be sure to rotate all your food sources so as to obtain the correct ratios of aminos and vit/mins from your foods...
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby dynamatiz » Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:41 pm

yup thats what i thought you were doing as well, making wg shakes out of them, which is what i do 4 eggs in the morning 4 in the evening after i have eating a meal

so sorry my misunderstanding

i would try and have a proper meal such as, steak and potoatoes. chicken and rice/ pasta, fish and potatoes/rice and then gradually add your eggs on top, plus this will give you to rotate your meals like cookie said and stop the flavour from going stale and bland by just having eggs and oats best part of the time

ypu got to be thinking that, you are going to be eating this, day in, day out, till you get to your target weight, and it will get bland and lose interest in your food if you are eating the same(well i would), plus you can eat a lot more food if your enjoying your meals

am eating 4 differenet protein sources each day(beef/chicken/tuna or fish and eggs), and still i get bored of them

but this is only what i do , what works for me might not work for you, but might be worth a try
dynamatiz
Hoplite
Hoplite

Postby Scott » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:45 pm

I would have thought the eggs / oats meals would be quite good. eggs being an excellent protein source and oats being excellent carb source. depending on the amount of oats ( say 50grams ) youre looking at a meal of just under 40g quality protein and at least 30g carbs (minus the milk).

cookie, I would've thought a diet which had 15 eggs per day would get a gold star off you :grin:

killerloop wrote:Also has anyone had any luck with gaining on a lot of eggs in their diet? It seemed to work for the old school guys

hhmm I reckon cookie could name a few big lads who knocked downed one or two eggs.
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:22 pm

hhmm I reckon cookie could name a few big lads who knocked downed one or two eggs.

Just about every great bber/strongman pre steroid era and quite a few post gear era...ie upto the late 70`s

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Return to Nutrition