It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:42 pm
Change font size

Nutrition

Fasted state training

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Fasted state training

Postby Cookie » Tue May 22, 2012 1:10 pm

"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Re: Fasted state training

Postby samurai69 » Tue May 22, 2012 1:12 pm

Training with limited carbohydrate availability can stimulate adaptations in muscle cells to facilitate energy production via fat oxidation

always thought that
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Mon May 28, 2012 4:15 pm

samurai69 wrote:
Training with limited carbohydrate availability can stimulate adaptations in muscle cells to facilitate energy production via fat oxidation

always thought that

Getting the body to understand that or marathon races are never going to happen.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Tue May 29, 2012 9:48 pm

Cookie wrote:Getting the body to understand that or marathon races are never going to happen.

You have to have fat to oxidize it :finga:
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Wed May 30, 2012 5:12 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:You have to have fat to oxidize it :finga:

Good on you if you haven't got any.

I'm not so lucky at the present.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Wed May 30, 2012 10:46 pm

Got a few to burn, I have learned my body does not like anything under 8% over the years and anything over 17% is not cool either.
Just not sure if I am a fan of fasted training or not yet. It is effective and has its appeals. The problem that arises is that late day fatigue from lack of recovery it seems, or perhaps over exciting the cns. Really have not experimented or researched it enough yet.

Seems to be the rage at the moment.

Are you, or one of your clients, playing around with it?
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Thu May 31, 2012 10:16 am

Melas Zomos wrote:Got a few to burn, I have learned my body does not like anything under 8% over the years and anything over 17% is not cool either.

Can relate to that. Not sure if its a mental or physical thing harking back to when I was pretty obsessed with super low bod fat levels.

Just not sure if I am a fan of fasted training or not yet. It is effective and has its appeals. The problem that arises is that late day fatigue from lack of recovery it seems, or perhaps over exciting the cns. Really have not experimented or researched it enough yet.

All depends on what you take in just before, how much training you do, food consumed afterwards & how long you've given yourself to adjust to it.

Seems to be the rage at the moment.

Never thought it had gone out.

Are you,

Every workout leading up to this years coal race. Up at 4am, downed some water then some Scivation Xtend (or some mad BCAA mix Scott sent me) whilst I warmed up & then off to train. Training so early made it impossible to get in any sort of nutrition that wouldn't leave me wanting to hurl more than I already felt like after running with that sack on my back. And all done caffeine free as well :finga:

or one of your clients, playing around with it?

OOOHHH NOOO, don't do things like that. That isn't for me.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:12 pm

Cookie wrote:Up at 4am, downed some water then some Scivation Xtend (or some mad BCAA mix Scott sent me) whilst I warmed up & then off to train. Training so early made it impossible to get in any sort of nutrition that wouldn't leave me wanting to hurl more than I already felt like after running with that sack on my back. And all done caffeine free as well :finga:

Hats off to you bro. I did it for a stretch back in the day, but it was assisted with a eca stack :mrgreen:

Yes fasted training has been popular for a while, but it was usually regulated to cardio work. Only recently it seems the craze turned to including iron in the mix. Of course supplement companies are helping push the craze along at the moment.
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:04 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:Hats off to you bro. I did it for a stretch back in the day, but it was assisted with a eca stack :mrgreen:

Don't think my delicate disposition could handle eca these days.

Yes fasted training has been popular for a while, but it was usually regulated to cardio work. Only recently it seems the craze turned to including iron in the mix. Of course supplement companies are helping push the craze along at the moment.

No doubt the supplement companies are doing it via products loaded with our favourite compound 1,3 Dim :roll:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:28 pm

Cookie wrote:Don't think my delicate disposition could handle eca these days.

Nicely put, think we are on the same level.

No doubt the supplement companies are doing it via products loaded with our favourite compound 1,3 Dim :roll:

Yup
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Return to Nutrition