It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 2:17 pm
Change font size

Nutrition

Post Workout Nutrition Myths

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Cookie » Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:27 pm

IMHO................I`ve done them all and to be quite frank the difference between 1 way or the other hasn`t been anything earth shattering...The only difference I ever saw with anything was when I was doing keto diets and I noticed an improvement in recovery if I had 50grms carbs after training with protein..............
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:38 pm

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:IMHO................I`ve done them all and to be quite frank the difference between 1 way or the other hasn`t been anything earth shattering...The only difference I ever saw with anything was when I was doing keto diets and I noticed an improvement in recovery if I had 50grms carbs after training with protein..............

LOL exactly what I was starting to think. I wonder how many of these so called post workout 'rules' are a tool to sell you another product. :finga:
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:55 pm

Most probably.............

It`s all about the money..............
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:26 am

Another view point which can through another spanner in the works with regards to post workout food intake...........

http://www.extique.com/askrob5-2.htm#5-2-1

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:27 pm

Right fellow cookies :lol:

I`ve been having a wee think about all this post workout nutrient intake and once I`m happy with what I`ve thought I post up monday or tuesday, nothing earth shattering but common sense I think :grin:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby winger » Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:45 pm

I like that.
winger

Postby Cookie » Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:51 am

Right then heres my take on those two articles.......

We all know that when we train we set in motion a series of hormonal secretions that will aid in our growth and fat removal, so how do we go about getting the most from all of those actions without switching any of them off?

Here is how I would go about it.....

Finish training then do your after workout stretches and head for the showers...Now here comes the intereting part..hhaha...do a series of hot and cold plunges...

You want to shoot for 2-3 mins in the hot and 30 secs-1 min in the cold for 3-4 curcuits......

After that dry, dress and go home or relax right down in reception with either a meal or shake...But the trick here is to take your time over this post workout nutrient intake and I mean take your time make the meal/shake last a good 30-40 mins to ingest so that it is being drip feed into your system so as not to cause a major jump in insulin levels and cut natural GH output dead in its tracks in one foul swoop.....

And IMHO doing it this way will give you the best of both worlds....

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:41 pm

what effect does the hot / cold plunges have :shock:
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:52 pm

Scott wrote:what effect does the hot / cold plunges have :shock:

The hot makes the blood move out towards your skin (going red) then when you plunge into the cold it rushes away from the skin to your internal organs to keep them warm and safe, now all this keeps the blood moving fast and the cold will also help to decrease post workout inflamation in your muscles so aiding recovery....

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Previous

Return to Nutrition