It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:29 am
Change font size

Nutrition

Turmeric & Ginger Tea

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Turmeric & Ginger Tea

Postby samurai69 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:01 pm

Just ordered some fresh tumeric to go with the fresh ginger, will be drinking this nightly

http://www.thai-food-online.co.uk/shopp ... t0sYbTFLAU

Turmeric & Ginger Tea

This related pair of plants is a potent duo that has been used in many traditional medicine applications. Also commonly used as spices, turmeric and ginger can be used to brew a pot of delicious tea and also fight many types of gastrointestinal issues, which can be a major source of discomfort for people. Sometime, it can be difficult to accurately pinpoint the specific cause of gastrointestinal problems and resulting inflammation. In reality, some of these inflammatory conditions and gastrointestinal disorders may never really be accurately diagnosed. In some cases, a proper diagnosis may come only after many years and tests.

Turmeric

Turmeric and ginger contain naturally active compounds that target areas of inflammation. With a delicious cup of turmeric and ginger tea, you could begin to feel the inflammation ease away! The medicinal properties of ginger stem from its volatile oils and compounds. These medicinal qualities can be used to address intestinal ailments, colds, stomach problems, respiratory conditions, vomiting and nausea. There have also been links between ginger and the suppression of cancer cell division and growth [3].

Similarly, the active ingredient in turmeric known as curcumin has been known to possess anti-cancer qualities [4]. Turmeric is an anti-inflammatory plant that provides stabilization effects to free radicals through the provision of adequate oxidation in the body. In addition to stabilizing free radicals which the body desperately needs to do, turmeric may also relieve inflammatory symptoms associated with osteoarthritis, ulcer conditions, colitis and the growth of cancer cells.
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Re: Turmeric & Ginger Tea

Postby Cookie » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:44 pm

Where did you order the fresh Turmeric from?

Only ever seen the powdered version anywhere.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:45 pm

Cookie wrote:Where did you order the fresh Turmeric from?

that link at top.... 500g for £10 inc postage
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby samurai69 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:46 pm

samurai69 wrote:
Cookie wrote:Where did you order the fresh Turmeric from?

that link at top.... 500g for £10 inc postage

hopefully the fresh stuff will work better in the tea than the powdered does

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby lil john » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:00 pm

Have to let me know how it tastes imagine strong!
Rebuilding the BEAR
lil john
Ephor
Ephor

Postby samurai69 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:48 pm

lil john wrote:Have to let me know how it tastes imagine strong!

well i use a big chunk of ginger and thats strong, the tumeric will be a much smaller amount if its anything like the powder

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby samurai69 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:52 am

i got my order of tumeric, turned up day after i ordered it, bloody hell thats a lot of tumeric in 500g

it tastes exactly like the powder, but is less oily in drink form

well all my currys from now on will have fresh tumeric

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:58 pm

samurai69 wrote:i got my order of tumeric, turned up day after i ordered it, bloody hell thats a lot of tumeric in 500g

Are you blending the tea to really extract the nutrients from the ginger & Turmeric?
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:36 pm

Cookie wrote:
samurai69 wrote:i got my order of tumeric, turned up day after i ordered it, bloody hell thats a lot of tumeric in 500g

Are you blending the tea to really extract the nutrients from the ginger & Turmeric?

i great the ginger and tumeric and then add a tea bag, let that steep in the water squeez and drain the residue then add honey and lemon juice and sometimes a shot of whisky ...... and drink before bed as it helps clear the cattargh and the shot helps me sleep

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:55 am

How you find the combo any good for inflammation?

Golden Milk

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:21 am

it certainly helps

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:34 pm

Called into an Asian shop today to get some Turmeric. What they told me to pick up looked just like ginger and smelt like ginger to me.

Is that right?

Are they both that close?

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Next

Return to Nutrition