It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 1:08 pm
Change font size

Nutrition

Bloated

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Bloated

Postby fits » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:35 pm

Having problems again, i dont think imdigesting things properly. My stomach is bloated like a balloon! I started using creatine (swole V3) and not sure if this is whats causing it. It could be my whey protein. or it could be the protein bars i started eating. (maybe just too much protein)

I use dymatize elite whey (i think) which is good value for money but i think its whey concentrate as well as Isolate. Im sure the concentrate upset me in india. Any one else find they get bloat through using whey? Swole?

I think i might try digestive enzymes, are they all the same or are can some one recoment a good type?
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Re: Bloated

Postby samurai69 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:47 am

fits wrote:Having problems again, i dont think imdigesting things properly. My stomach is bloated like a balloon! I started using creatine (swole V3) and not sure if this is whats causing it. It could be my whey protein. or it could be the protein bars i started eating. (maybe just too much protein)

I use dymatize elite whey (i think) which is good value for money but i think its whey concentrate as well as Isolate. Im sure the concentrate upset me in india. Any one else find they get bloat through using whey? Swole?

I think i might try digestive enzymes, are they all the same or are can some one recoment a good type?

is protein with water or milk........could be a slight lactose intoleranc

creatine can lead to bloating .........especially if you dont drink enough water during the day

xxsparty
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:49 pm

Trouble is you`ve added too many things in a short space of time to really know which one it is....
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Takmaster » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:04 pm

What consistancy are your motions??
Takmaster
Ephor
Ephor

Postby samurai69 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:18 pm

Takmaster wrote:What consistancy are your motions??

what a nice way of putting it

:oops:
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Scott » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:58 pm

the protein bars would prolly be the least likely, cnp flapjacks aint it?

I used to get it from 'prolab 100% pure whey' but then that was taking it with milk so as sam69 already mentioned what you mix your shakes with might be the culprit.
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby fits » Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:04 am

Consitancy....is......eeerrrr......not hard... splodgy to loose i would say.

mix protein with water. im not so bad yesterday or today. your right osc, too many things. i will probly stop the protein bars this week. try to eat more Diatia/zone and get propper foods rather than protein bars, although, i think those bars are good value....as lon as the lale is correct. They were the Dorian yates ones i think.
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:10 am

Too much coffee also gives people the bloat and shits so try reducing that and see what happens...
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby fits » Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:16 am

Actually i have limited my coffee to one a day, and two teas as i am using creatine and i dont want it to effect it.

a few beers and a curry helps clear out the system :-)
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:20 am

fits wrote:Actually i have limited my coffee to one a day, and two teas as i am using creatine and i dont want it to effect it.

I found that to be a load of bollocks with regards creatine as long as there are carbs present it loads...I`ve done creatine loadings with coffee, juice, jucie and glycerine (not a good idea) juice and bicarb (for the ephervecent(sp) effects) and some I`ve forgotten and they all work..imo...lol...all marketing scams ;-)

a few beers and a curry helps clear out the system ;-)

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby fits » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:41 am

Interesting......i know ROB used to say that it didnt matter much about coffee, infact he advised me once to add creatine to hot vry diluted tea then add aalot of ice water, he said u need very little and allot of water to dilute it........
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby TINY » Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:25 pm

I always belived that coffein and creatin didnt work togheter until i tried a new product... new for me :smile:

the loading drink contains
5gr creatin, 1g glutamin, 2g taurin, 198g coffein 36 g carbs and other stuff.

then after workout the recovery drink
5g creatin, 5g glutamin, 17g carbs, and some other stuff...

get a very good kick during the workout :grin: feels good

TINY
TINY

Next

Return to Nutrition