Change font size

Nutrition

Weight loss for dormant friend

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Weight loss for dormant friend

Postby johno » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:04 pm

Without boring you about why

He is ill, doesn't get out much, problems sleeping so gets up late and is on some meds for hi condition but not to sure what they are.

SO he is nearly 30 and putting on some weight.

He spent 4 hours in hostpital waiting to see somebody about nutrition.

His dad had a 10 min chat with me and said he thought I knew more about it than she did! And I am no expert I just know a little more then they do!!!

He has dropped is calorie intake to 1500/day, I think this is way to low, I'm guessing he is approx 85kg high body fat.

I suggested a 5 min walk in them morning if he could and again at night if possible, extending the time walked when he can upto 40mins if possible. Thought this would ramp is met rate a little to start.

So can he loose some BF with diet without exercise juyst diet alone? I'm guessing his diet is shite by the way!
johno
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Re: Weight loss for dormant friend

Postby Cookie » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:15 pm

johno wrote:Without boring you about why

He is ill, doesn't get out much, problems sleeping so gets up late and is on some meds for hi condition but not to sure what they are.

SO he is nearly 30 and putting on some weight.

He spent 4 hours in hostpital waiting to see somebody about nutrition.

His dad had a 10 min chat with me and said he thought I knew more about it than she did! And I am no expert I just know a little more then they do!!!

He has dropped is calorie intake to 1500/day, I think this is way to low, I'm guessing he is approx 85kg high body fat.

I suggested a 5 min walk in them morning if he could and again at night if possible, extending the time walked when he can upto 40mins if possible. Thought this would ramp is met rate a little to start.

So can he loose some BF with diet without exercise juyst diet alone? I'm guessing his diet is shite by the way!

Would really need to know what he is ill with...

Type of diet he follows

Meds he is on

If and how much exercise he could do

For starters...
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby johno » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:39 pm

He appears to have a cross between yuppie flue and th much more serious MS

Has been wheel chair bound for a time, recently changed meds and has been able to get about a bit more.

Is looked after by his parents.

I don't know him that well, I got involved when I heard his dad trying to sell his motorbike at a local dealer.

I volentered (sp) to get the bike started for him and deliver it.

It seems like a nice kid, not sure how much is in the mind but to him its real.

So answer is I don't know about his meds or the real name for his illness, I have been trying to get him to go out becuase I think he needs to.

Just interacting with elderly parents and watching tv/DVD's can't be good for the mind can it!!!

I was hoping the bike angle would be a way to get to know him a bit more bu that is now sold.

SO I was going to suggest an approach on the diet front.

Feel a bit sorry for him really, there before the grace of god go you or I.
johno
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Return to Nutrition