It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 11:36 am
Change font size

Nutrition

Dymatize Energized Expand

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Cookie » Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:42 pm

Ok tried this again today as its been bugging me why I felt so crappy since I tried it last week (was getting better cold wise then took a turn for the worse)....

Anyways did a serving then waited and watched to see what happens and things did happen.....

Started to get that staring focused look/feel then angryness coming through then low and behold the thing that I thought would happen did :grin: massive blood sugar crash at about the 45 minute mark (I wasn`t training just doing some reading and watching tv) and it kept dropping and dropping to the point I started to get that shaking nauseus(sp) feeling then that panick attack popint coming rushing in (this is a sure sign with me that blood sugars are crashing bad) so it was a very quick rush to the cupboard and 3 teaspoons of honey later felt a little better. Had a quick tea of jacket spuds with cheese and beans and felt much better as I felt the food kick in...

Now looking at the ingredients this bit jumped out at me

Energized Matrix: 1600mg
L-tyrosine, caffeine, n-acetyl cysteine, l-phenylalanine, vanadyl sulfate.

I noticed that they just give a total mg level not a breakdown of what each on is....

Now caffiene and taurine are a very powerfull mix, then they add vanadyl sulphate (not looked into the others much) which is an insulin mimicker and can and does drop peoples blood sugar...The usual dose for this is in the 10-30mg aday region for short periods of time (when this stuff first came out they had you cycle it 4 weeks on 4 off). Now what with the caffiene in there dropping blood sugars and vanadyl doing the exact same thing to me your setting yourselfs up for a big crash by the end of a workout...

Blood sugar crashes cause a release of adrenaline and adrenline type hormones in the body which in turn make you agressive and snappy, this is your hungry caveman instinct kicking in (this is why red bull was band in France due to a relationship between crime/violence and the use of such drinks...don`t believe then experiment on yourselfs and see how much it changes your perseption and rational thinking...control insulin and control the body) and getting mr caveman ready to go on the hunt...

So if you combine the whole items together I think/believe this is why your feeling so bad/lethargic/tired so much this past couple of weeks...Now I do know you`ve had colds etc but I think this product is making the situation much worse.....

I would love to hear others opinions especially yours Takmaster and the scientific background you have and maybe you could shed a little more light on the interactions of the ingrediants in this product.....

My feelings are its not a product I`ll touch again as its bad news and the gains are far outweighed by the negative implications I feel that it has.....
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby fits » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:11 pm

very interesting!!!

Glad you tried it and took note of sids etc as your much ore in tune with your body than i am with mine!

The thing is i haven't used it much, just for one or max two workouts per week and only pre work out.

I dont think that ill buy it again. I will use it up but after i might just get myself some normal CEE or creatine mono from bulk powders.

Not sure if you saw the whole lable but it also has huge doses of of other things in like vit B6 ( i think) 1200% f the RDA.

maybe we could have a section on here for seriously testing supps. it could prove to be a valuable resource.
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:55 am

fits wrote:very interesting!!!

Glad you tried it and took note of sids etc as your much ore in tune with your body than i am with mine!

Well thats something you should start working on ;-)

The thing is i haven't used it much, just for one or max two workouts per week and only pre work out.

I`m feeling though that for some people (maybe more than we realise) the side effects could last for a number of days after a single dose..Do me a favour and don`t have any next week and see if you feel different in yourself etc.

I dont think that ill buy it again. I will use it up but after i might just get myself some normal CEE or creatine mono from bulk powders.

I got some through the link at bottom of page for the whey consortium, 500grms for about £15 but not got round to trying it yet so can`t comment on its effectiveness..

Not sure if you saw the whole lable but it also has huge doses of of other things in like vit B6 ( i think) 1200% f the RDA.

Yeah saw the label you put up and yes it does worry me some of those numbers (this is why the EU are trying to stop the production of a lot of supplements as they massively overdose on the RDA % of a lot of stuff especially on the bbing side of the market...money is also an issue in the debate) and you have to wonder what scientific back up they have for these products or is it a simple case of just seeing a scientific paper and pulling out the bits that highlight the good side...I`m also concerned with the way the market pumps out products as if it were drug companies atleast they have to do a lot of trials etc but you never hear of these companies having or advertising trials...Make you think..

maybe we could have a section on here for seriously testing supps. it could prove to be a valuable resource.

Excellent idea buddy :grin: we`ll have to give it some thought and see how it could best be done...

"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Eric » Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:51 am

Great idea Fits! :grin:
Eric
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby fits » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:20 pm

I wont have any this week then and ill see how i am...then ill take after i have been to portugal and take note again.....see how it goes.

I think we could work something out for testing and it could work out as a valuable resource. As you say we would have to think about how to work it but im sure it could be done.
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Previous

Return to Nutrition