It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 12:16 pm
Change font size

Nutrition

New Diet

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

New Diet

Postby Eric » Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:48 pm

Right Guys I'm looking for some ideas for a new diet plan, been on diatia for around 4 months now and dropped a lot a weight for my holiday (put half back on!) Now I'm looking to add some lean gains, in the past iv bulked up and not worried about putting on any fat as long as i was gaining muscle as well, but don't want to go that way again.

What to try something different from diatia, I'm not saying it dont work but i need a change. I'm very carb sensitive so was thinking along the line of more higher fat, protein diet and keeping the carbs to a min. Anyone here done similar for bulking? If so any help would be much appreciated. :grin:
Eric
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:45 pm

I`ll get back to you on this one...........
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Eric » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:27 pm

Thanks Cookie any help much appreciated :grin:
Eric
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:26 pm

Have you thought about keeping it simple and doing a isocalorie diet?

33/33/33 for all the ratios...Then work with the ratios from there, especially as you`ve mentioned your carb sensitive...
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Eric » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:45 pm

That's about where I'm at with my diet now, its diatia 35/32/33 i think.

Iv made a decision not to bulk just yet, my goal was to get down for my holiday then go for a lean bulk, but after looking at my holiday pics iv decided to get my bodyfat down more before i hit a bulk again.
Just been reading Bodyopus, i bought 7 years ago and never tried it. I'm 3/4 of the way through reading again and I'd like to try it but I'm not sure if with the zero carbs for basically 5 days :shock: would be good for me with a physical job, got no probs mentally with it but iv got to be able to work and from what Dan has written its quite a hard diet to stick to at the best of times.

So my search continues for now, and I will stick to diatia until I find something new to get my teeth into. :grin:
Eric
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:12 pm

Eric wrote:That's about where I'm at with my diet now, its diatia 35/32/33 i think.

Iv made a decision not to bulk just yet, my goal was to get down for my holiday then go for a lean bulk, but after looking at my holiday pics iv decided to get my bodyfat down more before i hit a bulk again.
Just been reading Bodyopus, i bought 7 years ago and never tried it. I'm 3/4 of the way through reading again and I'd like to try it but I'm not sure if with the zero carbs for basically 5 days :shock: would be good for me with a physical job, got no probs mentally with it but iv got to be able to work and from what Dan has written its quite a hard diet to stick to at the best of times.

So my search continues for now, and I will stick to diatia until I find something new to get my teeth into. :grin:

I have a pdf somewhere on the bodyopus diet i`kll have a look and post it up....

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Eric » Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:43 pm

Cheers Cookie, it wouldn't be this by any chance The BodyOpus Experience.pdf, found it yesterday, great read but I did skim through it. I searched for the author Lyle McDonald on google which has led me to some great info on CKD. So Im now fired up and sorting a diet at based on Keto diet, 5 days of 65F/30P/5C and 2 days of carb up.

Iv also found a great web site for working out your food micros and it keeps track of everything for free, you may all know about it already but here it is fitday.com

If any of you guys know anything about these diets would you mind giving me some advise on my diet? I will get it typed out and have it up here soon, any help welcome.

Eric
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:28 am

Eric wrote:Cheers Cookie, it wouldn't be this by any chance The BodyOpus Experience.pdf, found it yesterday, great read but I did skim through it. I searched for the author Lyle McDonald on google which has led me to some great info on CKD. So Im now fired up and sorting a diet at based on Keto diet, 5 days of 65F/30P/5C and 2 days of carb up.

Thats the diet yeah :grin: I knew I had put it up somewhere...lol...I have a couple of McDonalds books somewhere but never got round to reading them all the way through :oops:

Iv also found a great web site for working out your food micros and it keeps track of everything for free, you may all know about it already but here it is fitday.com

Could never work it out :oops:

If any of you guys know anything about these diets would you mind giving me some advise on my diet? I will get it typed out and have it up here soon, any help welcome.

LOL....yeah done the odd keto diet in my time...Never worked out the ratios just went for it with the fats and protein and carb up like crazy during the weekend....A mate did the bodyopus one and lost about 40lbs following it exactly as it was in the book(except the middle of the night carb ups) and with the training which was brutal by the end of the week..

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Eric » Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:54 am

LOL....yeah done the odd keto diet in my time...Never worked out the ratios just went for it with the fats and protein and carb up like crazy during the weekend

How did you find that worked? Iv worked mine but only because knowing me I'll end up like a beached whale with to many hiden carbs. :shock:
Eric
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:52 pm

Eric wrote: How did you find that worked? Iv worked mine but only because knowing me I'll end up like a beached whale with to many hiden carbs. :shock:

Worked quite well....

I simply went by the mirror and how hungry or depleted I felt then adjusted things accordingly. I always felt that I had to not always follow things exactly as they are written down but go by "feel" and listen to the body for feedback.....Does go totally against say REGX but in the past it worked for me.. :grin:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Eric » Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:21 pm

Worked quite well....

Thats good to know, I going to start tomorrow and see how i feel.

Does go totally against say REGX but in the past it worked for me..

REGX has got me so far, but i need something new, was going stale towards the end.

What sort of high fat foods did you eat mate? A lot of people say anything goes bacon, burgers and so on and other say chicken breast with oils added to bring up the fat.In Bodyopus Dan wrote the worst foods for a normal diet are the best for this, or something along them lines, Pork rinds, bacon etc
Eric
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:02 pm

Eric wrote:
REGX has got me so far, but i need something new, was going stale towards the end.

Theres also animalbolics and the original atkins diets on the board as options if needed :grin:

What sort of high fat foods did you eat mate? A lot of people say anything goes bacon, burgers and so on and other say chicken breast with oils added to bring up the fat.In Bodyopus Dan wrote the worst foods for a normal diet are the best for this, or something along them lines, Pork rinds, bacon etc

Usually eggs, steak with double cream sauces :grin: . If using lean meats I would use some cream or butter for the fats also oily fish (didn`t use myself but should have) protein powder mixed with raw egg(s) and double cream and make thickly to use as a dessert :grin:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Next

Return to Nutrition