It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 9:28 am
Change font size

Nutrition

Another Hyped up supplement???

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Postby fits » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:01 am

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:12-16 weeks is a long time to wait for tendon repair mate, especially in my job when the arms and elbows get used a lot. Plus when you can`t hold/grip a 2 litre bottle of water at arms length without being in extreme pain :cry:

is that how you are right now?? if so since when? i thought you was on the mend mate? after your traingn videos?
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:11 am

fits wrote:
is that how you are right now?? if so since when? i thought you was on the mend mate? after your traingn videos?

That injury (elbow) happend about 1-2 weeks after I sliced through the finger. Did it (I think) doing some power cleans so its been bad for about 6ish weeks now.

Got a lot of injuries on the mend at the mo, some more to do with alignements due to feet problems others old injuries that keep cropping up but its all in hand ;-)
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby fits » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:49 am

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:
fits wrote:

That injury (elbow) happend about 1-2 weeks after I sliced through the finger. Did it (I think) doing some power cleans so its been bad for about 6ish weeks now.

Got a lot of injuries on the mend at the mo, some more to do with alignements due to feet problems others old injuries that keep cropping up but its all in hand ;-)

well good luck with all that you sound like johnny wilkinson!!

hope you get sorted soon.....maybe your goin gto have to leave training for another period and JUST do rehab type stuff, must be frustrating
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:57 pm

fits wrote: well good luck with all that you sound like johnny wilkinson!!

hope you get sorted soon.....maybe your goin gto have to leave training for another period and JUST do rehab type stuff, must be frustrating

LOL...yeah and pity I aint payed like he is to be injured....

All ready on a extended lay off and a lot is going on in the background with regards to sorting these issues out and all will be revealed at a later later date...... :grin:

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=HFWez_80i7k[/youtube]

Will be adding back in glucosamine and cod liver oil capsules to help speed things up a little..
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:03 pm

Update on this..............

Its dropped, pain killing effects wore off very quickly, have seen little to no improvement whatsoever in forearm injury. I found that if I took it too late in the evening it made me restless during the night so had disturbed sleep. Couple of times felt dizzy with the stuff.

So all in all not a product for me. It may have benefits for bone health but to me I have seen no carry over whatsoever in any other healing properties, better off just sticking to ice treatment and sensible training and stretching practises...

Not something I`ll buy again............

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Previous

Return to Nutrition