It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 5:57 am
Change font size

Nutrition

Another Hyped up supplement???

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Another Hyped up supplement???

Postby fits » Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:41 pm

the latest supp every one seems to be getting over on UK-Muscle is Cissus quadrangularis

what are your opinions? any one used ? another hyped up product or some thing good?
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:45 pm

I say a post about it a week or so ago anyway it sounded good from the posts, but we all know how a placebo effect can take hold...

TBH never heard of it before so can`t comment :oops:

Cissus info
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:58 pm

Fits did you look into this any further?
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby fits » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:20 pm

only that it tastes disgusting lol

reading some ones log on UK muscle people have good things to say about its antiinflamatory properties and its use for helping joints. aparently it can help rebuild or build NEW connetive ligament tissue after 8 to 12 weeks, but no one on UK muscle has heard of it. Ill post up more tomorrow.
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:47 pm

Bougth some of this so we will see what happens :grin:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby fits » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:05 pm

ahh good to hear, keep us updated. (this is where the supp experiment section would have been good)

where did you buy from?
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:45 am

fits wrote:ahh good to hear, keep us updated. (this is where the supp experiment section would have been good)

Thats in the making, we just don`t want to overload the board with too many sections. If things buck up with people using new stuff (and we get mor members :grin: ) then we can add it laters...

where did you buy from?

Bulk powders....£15.99 for 100grms...

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby fits » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:04 am

nice one mate ill check it out now, thinking about getting debra to use it as she has had probs with her knee over the years.

you got tablet form or powder? i hear the powder tastes like crap!

have you used your CEE yet?
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:06 am

fits wrote:nice one mate ill check it out now, thinking about getting debra to use it as she has had probs with her knee over the years.

you got tablet form or powder? i hear the powder tastes like crap!

Got powder and TBH it doesn`t taste that bad (not for me anyways) a bit like very very strong celery...I mix it with a very small amount water to make a paste then add extra water so as to be able to drink it...

have you used your CEE yet?

No not yet and wont do till atleast next year.....

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:04 pm

Little up date on this stuff...........

Been on it about 5-6 days so far. First 2 days you could really feel the pain relief that it gives but I found after that it wore off even when I added in an extra dose it didn`t add much..

I know 5-6 days is only a short amount of time especially with tendon/ligament & muscle issues but going by all the hype some boards have posted up I was expecting a bit more.

The feellings at the moment are that it has minimul effect on above type injuries and its main purpose of bone setting is more up its street so i`ll just stick with it till this lot runs out and see how I fair after I have finished and if things get worse or are totally healed. If worse then we know that its pain killing effects are the reasons why a lot of peoples problems have been *cured*.........

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby fits » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:30 pm

weren't people saying it's anti inflamatory propertie worked quick but the tendon/ligament healing/re-newing took 12 to 16 weeks?

stick with it and keep us updated.
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:56 am

12-16 weeks is a long time to wait for tendon repair mate, especially in my job when the arms and elbows get used a lot. Plus when you can`t hold/grip a 2 litre bottle of water at arms length without being in extreme pain :cry:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Next

Return to Nutrition