this is prolly a dumb-ass question but...... :roll:
a training schedule of :
mon -train
tues - rest
wed - train
thurs - rest
fri - train
sat + sun - rest

would it be a waste of time / money having a protein meal for breakfast on monday morning?
you havent trained for 2 days and presumably fully recovered, certainly if you can train mon and again on wed you must be MORE than recovered, so do you need protein up to the training session on a monday or do you just need carbs + fats?
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:28 pm

Weird question but shouldn`t you have protein for breakfast anyways?
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:40 pm

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:Weird question but shouldn`t you have protein for breakfast anyways?

yeah I know its a strange one but its just that dont you eat protein (in the amounts we do) for the sole purpose of repairing / building muscle?
if so then after 2 days of rest surely you have done all the repairing you can do so would a protein meal do you any good at that stage?

I'll probably have 2 meals before I train and Im thinking I possibly dont need a quarter (if any) of the protein Im having with those meals...... shit I could save about 90 bastard pence here!! :shock: :lol:

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:00 pm

Scott wrote:yeah I know its a strange one but its just that dont you eat protein (in the amounts we do) for the sole purpose of repairing / building muscle?

You`ve forgotten maintaining muscle..Positive nitrogen balance ;-)

if so then after 2 days of rest surely you have done all the repairing you can do so would a protein meal do you any good at that stage?

You are loading the blood (+nitrogen balance) with aminos etc in preperation for on coming stresses (training)...So yeah you need the protein...remember "protein comes from the Greek word "Proteus" meaning first or most important"....

I'll probably have 2 meals before I train and Im thinking I possibly dont need a quarter (if any) of the protein Im having with those meals...... shit I could save about 90 bastard pence here!! :shock: :lol:

See above /\/\/\/\/\ :grin:

"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:24 pm

yeah, Im sure you are right and the amounts between the different levels prolly arent enough to worry about altering.

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby big pete » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:02 pm

just read thru and was thinking 'what about maintaining muscle??'

but then cookie wrote it anyways :grin:
dont think you are, KNOW you are!
big pete
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby Scott » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:46 pm

so when do you reckon you go into only requiring a maintanence level?
if you have 2 days rest / refuelling then do you really need to be in a positive nitro balance on day 3 or would a lower maintanence level be all thats required.
ok its probably a bit anal but Im just curious if I need to be eating meals of 40g protein 2 days after training when perhaps the body has recovered.

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:52 pm

Scott wrote:so when do you reckon you go into only requiring a maintanence level?

Everyday.... :grin:

if you have 2 days rest / refuelling then do you really need to be in a positive nitro balance on day 3 or would a lower maintanence level be all thats required.

You should have refuelled on your training day, then the none training days be on your regular diet for your bodyweight or goals...

ok its probably a bit anal but Im just curious if I need to be eating meals of 40g protein 2 days after training when perhaps the body has recovered.

You need to be eating your daily/weekly totals of protein everyday and on training days adding in extra protein & carbs for recovery....

Do you follow all that??????????

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:33 pm

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:Do you follow all that??????????

maybe.. so.... if Im aiming for 170g protien per day as my 'building levels' then what your saying is that on non-training days I should be on maintanence levels which would be lower?? how much lower??

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:37 pm

Scott wrote:maybe.. so.... if Im aiming for 170g protien per day as my 'building levels' then what your saying is that on non-training days I should be on maintanence levels which would be lower?? how much lower??

You would reduce it by what your post workout shake is..

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:44 pm

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:You would reduce it by what your post workout shake is..

that'll be zero protein then!! just carbs!
after much experimentaion, deliberation and reading I've been going with just carbs in my PO drinl for a while now and just eat my protein about 45mins later.

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:51 pm

Scott wrote: that'll be zero protein then!! just carbs!
after much experimentaion, deliberation and reading I've been going with just carbs in my PO drinl for a while now and just eat my protein about 45mins later.

Well not really...if on training days your having 170gms protein then none training days it would be 140grms same goes for carbs in that you`ll need less on your none training days so they could be reduces also....

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Next

Return to Nutrition