It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 1:01 am
Change font size

Nutrition

Ginko Bilabo

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Ginko Bilabo

Postby fits » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:52 am

yesterday when i sat down at my desk i could not think straight. I used to get like this alot.

I put it down to lack of food, didnt eat until 11.30am yesterday, and had too much caffine (again)

today i had toast with three esggs for breakfast.......then i had a coffee about 9.30am to 10am.....since, i just feel like i cant think straight. not quit dizzy , just not with it...a bit starry.....does this make sense? i had a ginko tablet today which is supposed to help with shot term memory and alertness....but it definately hasnt worked with me!

could it be the Ginko? or the Ginko and caffine? or am i still just strange :???:
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:59 am

Can`t really say much about the Gingo Bilboa stuff as I aint done much reading on it....

But I have noticed myself that when I`ve cut/dropped caffiene out of my day and done a couple of days my sugar levels stabilise much better and my thinking is a hell of a lot clear and more rational.....
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby fits » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:35 am

i think i will hdefinately have to cut out caffine for a couple of days and see.................. it may sound stupid but i think propper coffee as opossed to instant makes a difference with me to.
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:25 pm

Lots more chemicals in instant coffee.........
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby fits » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:24 pm

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:Lots more chemicals in instant coffee.........

thats what im thinking....ill bring in my own god stuff and see if that makes a difference. I do think i should take a week off of caffine to see how it effects me... i just get so used to drinking it. I might just get myself a hot water instead when i fancy a coffee
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:35 pm

fits wrote: I might just get myself a hot water instead when i fancy a coffee

I`ve been drinking a few cups each day of hot/warm water with half fresh squeezed lemon and a teaspoon of honey.....

The lemon juice is suppose to be a good liver cleanser and honeys just packed with goodness...

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby fits » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:47 am

i used to have half a lemon sqeezed in to hot water every am. i like lemon and honey water but thougth i should not use that due to the carbs in the lemon & honey :shock: shocking how you can get caught up in no carb this and low carb that!
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:58 pm

fits wrote:i used to have half a lemon sqeezed in to hot water every am. i like lemon and honey water but thougth i should not use that due to the carbs in the lemon & honey :shock: shocking how you can get caught up in no carb this and low carb that!

That was something that had me thinking too but when I looked at it all a level teaspoon of honey and half a lemon aint going to supply much over 10-15grms carbs anyway............

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Return to Nutrition