It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 6:36 am
Change font size

Nutrition

protein powders

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Postby dynamatiz » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:55 am

same here

didnt really notice a difference to be honest, been taken them for a while now at 2 a day.... might up it too 4 a day and se if there is any difference, a bought 500 of the bad boys so still got plenty left

they are small like, when i heard about thme on the net a was expecting huge horse pills but when i got them i was suprised at the size
dynamatiz
Hoplite
Hoplite

Postby fits » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:03 pm

dynamatiz wrote:same here

didnt really notice a difference to be honest, been taken them for a while now at 2 a day.... might up it too 4 a day and se if there is any difference, a bought 500 of the bad boys so still got plenty left

they are small like, when i heard about thme on the net a was expecting huge horse pills but when i got them i was suprised at the size

i was taking two with each meal so a minimum of 6 per day......plus sometimes id knock back another 4 before trainng so se how 4 a day go but i recon you will have to knock back a fair few to 'feel' or notice a difference!
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:12 pm

Right as far as the liverex go, its like I said before you have to be carefull and not do too many at once or you`ll get bunged up...

Saying that you will notice a HUGE difference once your on the 12+ aday mark, but remember to cycle them at 3 weeks on 1 off..
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby dynamatiz » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:45 pm

hmmm heres me tempted to do 12 a day now lol

na a think a will start cycling them up tho , like a said im on 2 a day now and have been for a while, so am gonna add another 2 a day with meals and cycle them up once a month by 2 till i notice ant sides ( good or bad)
dynamatiz
Hoplite
Hoplite

Postby fits » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:30 pm

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:Right as far as the liverex go, its like I said before you have to be carefull and not do too many at once or you`ll get bunged up...

Saying that you will notice a HUGE difference once your on the 12+ aday mark, but remember to cycle them at 3 weeks on 1 off..

fuck sake you could have told me that before!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you run over what will be noticed please steve? enegy? stamina? strength?

and when would you say to take them? 2 with each meal 6 times per day? before work out?
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:14 pm

fits wrote:
fuck sake you could have told me that before!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you run over what will be noticed please steve? enegy? stamina? strength?

and when would you say to take them? 2 with each meal 6 times per day? before work out?

I will have said before but more than likely not on this board :oops:

If you have read my past readings I have myself gone as high as 50+ liver tabs a day using the bog standard ones...

I have a little pamphlet I recently got that has some good stuff on liver tabs and I`ll type that out over the weekend when I have a little more time to do so..

Things you`ll notice straight away are energy increases, bigger longer lasting pumps when training and for me I even used to break out in spots like I was on gear when I was using mega high doses of liver, yeast and alfalfa....
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby fits » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:40 pm

cheers id like to read that leaflet.........

Do you think it helpped with size? 50 of the old ones must have had you bungged up like a goodern!
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:57 pm

fits wrote: Do you think it helpped with size? 50 of the old ones must have had you bungged up like a goodern!

Hell yeah, but then again I was just a youngen then...lol

No never noticed it, then again I ate lots of regular food so that`ll keep me regular

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:52 pm

As requested by Fits,a ll typed out by yours trully :grin:

Liver must be classed as a superfood. It is unique in that it hs an enzyme called Cytochrome P-450. This enzyme is not found in any other food source anywhere in the world. Cytochrome P-450 has the capacity to promote the proliferation of red blood cells in your muscles. This in turn allows your body to take up more valuable oxygen. Oxygen increases superior energy levels which is vital for hard training bodybuilders and sports people, to enable them to improve their workouts and perform at the highest levels. Bodybuilders have the added advantage of getting a far superior pump when extra oxygen is present.

While all vitamins are important, for bodybuilders and sports people, probably the single most important group of vitamins is the B-complex. There are eleven in total the we know about. Although nutritional scientists believe there are others not yet isolated. You won`t find these in your standard Vitamin B Complex supplement. Liver provides the lot. All known members of the complex and others as yet not known identified. Being totally natural, this full spectrum is assured. You also get Vitamins A & C, iron of the Heomoglobin type, the most absorbable of all forms of iron. Even if you took no other supplement than Liver, you would be providing your body with a huge range of nutritional benefits. Apart from the items mentioned, Liver contains the full spectrum of amino acids. This makes it a perfect source of protein, 76%. Even given all that, the one factor which makes Liver absolutely unique is the element found in no other food, as brought to your attention before, Cytochrome P-450.

It might interest you to know that all the wild animals when the make at kill, always eat the Liver first, as do African & South American Tribesmen. Now it would take an extra keen bodybuilder or sports person to eat raw liver everyday, unless you nare of the Hannibal Lectur persuasion. Having said that when I worked in the hospita service as a dietician, children suffering from chronic forms of aneamia were fed raw liver everyday. Even cooked liver everyday is too much to ask some people. The obvious alternative to ra liver is Desiccated Liver. This is liver that has had the fat and water removed and then put into tablets. You then have a perfect and super liver product without the hassle of cooking and the need to eat considerable amounts in your daily diet.

Liver also contains Nucleotides, Nucleotides are responsible for DNAand the absorbtion of protein many so called food experts will tell you that it is what you eat that matters, which is quite wrong. It is what you digest which is the crucial factor to create growth, strength, speed and power in your muscles.

Nucleotides increase the size, length and health of the Villi which are the fine tubes that look like hairs on the walls of your stomach and bowles. These tubes are responsible for absorbing the nutrients from your food into your blood stream. It doesnot matter how much food you eat, good or bad, with out Nucleotides doing their work you will not grow. Only certain foods have Nucleotides in abundance, liver and tripe being two of the best, red meats such as beef will provide Nucleotides, but liver is by far the best.

Nucleotides are also responsible for th division of cells within the body for creation of new cells. As each cell is divided, to new ones are created. Without nucleotides this remarkable function which is of utmost importance for bodybuilders and sports people to grow will not happen. So you can see how important Liver either cooked or Desiccated is for your continued muscle growth. Most top bodybuilders and those who want to grow muscle fast will take 25-50 tablets a day, for really good results anything below 12 a day is not worth the effort, but whatever you do don`t neglect to take your Desiccated or cooked Liver as part of your sports nutritional program because Liver is a superfood that will benefit all serious sports people and bodybuilders....

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby fits » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:22 pm

nice read thanks.

who was it written by? not some one selling liver tabs i hope?

would the minimum of 12 tabs apply to liverex? i thought they were more concentrated?
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:28 pm

fits wrote:nice read thanks.

No probs

A guy called Arthur Fairhurst (Mr Universe runner up years ago) but is one of the owners of Ultimate nutrition, but that aside he may own a company that sells liver tabs but the facts speak for themselves, for decades people used liver tabs to help them get big and they work...If the didn`t work Gironda for a start would not have recomended them at all. He was all for slating bad supplements..

would the minimum of 12 tabs apply to liverex? i thought they were more concentrated?

The tabs he sells are the 650mg ones so work from there....I think you could do 10-20 liverex a day for short periods and see a big difference, but I wouldn`t recommend more than 3 weeks straight on that amount..maybe even 2 week bursts

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby fits » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:42 pm

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:
fits wrote:nice read thanks.

No probs

A guy called Arthur Fairhurst (Mr Universe runner up years ago) but is one of the owners of Ultimate nutrition, but that aside he may own a company that sells liver tabs but the facts speak for themselves, for decades people used liver tabs to help them get big and they work...If the didn`t work Gironda for a start would not have recomended them at all. He was all for slating bad supplements..

The tabs he sells are the 650mg ones so work from there....I think you could do 10-20 liverex a day for short periods and see a big difference, but I wouldn`t recommend more than 3 weeks straight on that amount..maybe even 2 week bursts

i thik ill give the two week burst a go then document it..... :-)
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

PreviousNext

Return to Nutrition