It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 12:37 pm
Change font size

Nutrition

protein powders

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Cookie » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:43 pm

fits wrote:
i thik ill give the two week burst a go then document it..... ;-)

Good man :grin:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby dynamatiz » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:04 pm

good read cookie, cheers for doing that

and fits yeah, be the guinea pig and get it documented, then i ll foolow on , not long after, probs new year
dynamatiz
Hoplite
Hoplite

Postby Cookie » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:05 pm

And then when cookies back to full bore training he`ll show you both to use em ;-)
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Pete » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:07 pm

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:
who was it written by? not some one selling liver tabs i hope?

A guy called Arthur Fairhurst (Mr Universe runner up years ago) but is one of the owners of Ultimate nutrition, but that aside he may own a company that sells liver tabs but the facts speak for themselves, for decades people used liver tabs to help them get big and they work...If the didn`t work Gironda for a start would not have recomended them at all. He was all for slating bad supplements..

[/quote]

Hmm. I met Arthur Fairhurst a few times, he doesn't live far from me,and Ultimate Nutrition is based in Fleetwood. He was a nice guy, but when I told him I was veggie I seem to remember him recommending I took 30g of creatine per day. So maybe an ulterior motive to some extent....
Pete
Helot
Helot

Postby Cookie » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:09 pm

Pete wrote:
ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:

A guy called Arthur Fairhurst (Mr Universe runner up years ago) but is one of the owners of Ultimate nutrition, but that aside he may own a company that sells liver tabs but the facts speak for themselves, for decades people used liver tabs to help them get big and they work...If the didn`t work Gironda for a start would not have recomended them at all. He was all for slating bad supplements..

Hmm. I met Arthur Fairhurst a few times, he doesn't live far from me,and Ultimate Nutrition is based in Fleetwood. He was a nice guy, but when I told him I was veggie I seem to remember him recommending I took 30g of creatine per day. So maybe an ulterior motive to some extent....

But if I remeber CX saying that veggies lack creatine, so maybe he was onto something with what he recomended...

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Pete » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:17 pm

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:
Pete wrote:
ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:

But if I remeber CX saying that veggies lack creatine, so maybe he was onto something with what he recomended...

Yeah, cos it's found mainly in red meat, therefore lots of bodybuilders (especially dieting ones) would not have much creatine in their diet due to eating mainly chicken and fish. But I still think 30g was a bit much, I'm sure that now I eat beef and supplement with creatine in my PWO drink I still don't get close to that.
Pete
Helot
Helot

Previous

Return to Nutrition