It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 9:47 pm
Change font size

Nutrition

REGX

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Postby samurai69 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:12 am

fits wrote:I have to disagree.

You can survive very nicely, on rice and daal but it isn't very good for building muscle and it doesn't make you the healthiest person around

my nan is 84 and touch wood, in pretty good healthy comepared to alot of people that have made that age. My nan eats everything in moderation and i agree with this, you can live ok like it.

dont forget that eating in a regx style way was not just so that you can stay skinny it was for optimum health. the whole thing is about being as healthy as you can for as long as you can.

I have tried many diets and i hate them as most are SO restrictive, cut out all fat, cat out carbs! Eat only this or that.

I lost weight with regx and for the first time ever, not just while loosing fat, i actually felt really good in myself and it wasn't just down to loosing weight, i felt 'healthy' if you like. dont forget your getting RDA for all but one vits and minerals on it and through eating, not supps.

Most people especially people that are prone to be fat, through thyroid probs or through being lazy/gready or what ever, NEED a structured way of eating if they are to be average weight. They cant just pick food like you do yourself, and loose weight/stay the same, alot of people put on weight like this, probably due to the fast foods available today.

i'd say 70% or more of the people, especially blokes i went to school with, that were always fit then, are now over weight as they eat as and when they like.

I dont think it is possibel to stay on regx as in the whole thing as sit is limited. but eating in a 'regx way' can be donewith great success.

the bit in bold................youre missing the point..........what i was writing about is.........PERIODISATION...........its to stop that, that you are talking about......look at the way nature allows for you to change and addapt..........we are the only living cgeature that does this so easily....japanese survive on rice and fish (but only near water)....the average person (stoneage or close to it) had to catch meat....if it was fast or they were bad shots they missed eating meat, but there was still veg and fruits.............but in the main, if you caught a dinosaur or what ever you had meat for a week, then you didnt catch something, you went back to veg etc..............its the way we were designed....we dont have 2 stomachs or only eat ants or bird seed, yet we can eat all of them and still survive...............

in the second part and in previous questions or answers you have actually agreed with what i have said

ITS A DIET.......and when you are on it it works for a time, then you either drop off it or yo stop losing weight etc

yes the premis for health or healthy eating is there, but it would be theer in a well balanced eating style

eg a piece of chocolate is ok, a glass of wine is ok................but in moderation you still get it, its, like ywith all diets, it needs to be spelled out for you, like weightwatchers, but at least with WW it teaches you to start balancing your eating habits

of course reg X will work for a time and as i said the pre comp diets actually quite good...........for a short amount of time

A QUESTION TO all those that have used reg X...........how long did you continue to use it for........exactly as its written, and what stopped you using it...............eg time constraints, un availability of foods, boredom, it stopped working, it was too hard to gain weight with out exploding

the itallic bit - there are lots of people that need structured eating plans diabetics etc, thats not to say they ned reg X or any other

the fit people at school are now fat part is probably downt to the fact that Now they have stopped doing the sport they were doing and have changed other parts of their life eg, down the pub etc....even BBers that stop tarining and d=ont change diet stop with the muscle and add fat.....calories in and calories out

BUT over all you are still MISSING THE POINT, with why i dont like reg X or any other diet, is its not sometyhing that you can do CONTINUALLY

Like all diets it only works for a short time.............what would be better is a[plan that alows you tp learn how to eat and when to eat on stop miss reading body signals etc
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby fits » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:57 am

samurai69 wrote:
fits wrote:I have to disagree.

You can survive very nicely, on rice and daal but it isn't very good for building muscle and it doesn't make you the healthiest person around

my nan is 84 and touch wood, in pretty good healthy comepared to alot of people that have made that age. My nan eats everything in moderation and i agree with this, you can live ok like it.

dont forget that eating in a regx style way was not just so that you can stay skinny it was for optimum health. the whole thing is about being as healthy as you can for as long as you can.

I have tried many diets and i hate them as most are SO restrictive, cut out all fat, cat out carbs! Eat only this or that.

I lost weight with regx and for the first time ever, not just while loosing fat, i actually felt really good in myself and it wasn't just down to loosing weight, i felt 'healthy' if you like. dont forget your getting RDA for all but one vits and minerals on it and through eating, not supps.

Most people especially people that are prone to be fat, through thyroid probs or through being lazy/gready or what ever, NEED a structured way of eating if they are to be average weight. They cant just pick food like you do yourself, and loose weight/stay the same, alot of people put on weight like this, probably due to the fast foods available today.

i'd say 70% or more of the people, especially blokes i went to school with, that were always fit then, are now over weight as they eat as and when they like.

I dont think it is possibel to stay on regx as in the whole thing as sit is limited. but eating in a 'regx way' can be donewith great success.

the bit in bold................youre missing the point..........what i was writing about is.........PERIODISATION...........its to stop that, that you are talking about......look at the way nature allows for you to change and addapt..........we are the only living cgeature that does this so easily....japanese survive on rice and fish (but only near water)....the average person (stoneage or close to it) had to catch meat....if it was fast or they were bad shots they missed eating meat, but there was still veg and fruits.............but in the main, if you caught a dinosaur or what ever you had meat for a week, then you didnt catch something, you went back to veg etc..............its the way we were designed....we dont have 2 stomachs or only eat ants or bird seed, yet we can eat all of them and still survive...............So we can survive on different foods at different times...that does'nt mean its the best way to eat...

in the second part and in previous questions or answers you have actually agreed with what i have said

ITS A DIET.......and when you are on it it works for a time, then you either drop off it or yo stop losing weight etc -

yes the premis for health or healthy eating is there, but it would be theer in a well balanced eating style...What is a healthy sttyle? are you saying to eat meat when ever u like and then veg or salad when ever you like?

eg a piece of chocolate is ok, a glass of wine is ok................but in moderation you still get it,(as you did every day on regx :-) ) its, like ywith all diets, it needs to be spelled out for you, like weightwatchers, but at least with WW it teaches you to start balancing your eating habits - Thats exactly what Regx dose.....eat protien good fats carbs and fibre together , in regular small meals if you can. eat veg, eat fruit, eat rice, potatos, eat lean meat, eat spices eat herbs...
of course reg X will work for a time and as i said the pre comp diets actually quite good...........for a short amount of time

A QUESTION TO all those that have used reg X...........how long did you continue to use it for........exactly as its written, and what stopped you using it...............eg time constraints, un availability of foods, boredom, it stopped working, it was too hard to gain weight with out exploding

Roughly 20 weeks, after that i become more relaxed on it, sticking to macro ratios roughly, but then needed to gain weight and i was going to work away so started stuffing all the foods i would miss down my neck along with loads of beer :oops: didn't stop loosing fat on it.

the itallic bit - there are lots of people that need structured eating plans diabetics etc, thats not to say they ned reg X or any other

the fit people at school are now fat part is probably downt to the fact that Now they have stopped doing the sport they were doing and have changed other parts of their life eg, down the pub etc....even BBers that stop tarining and d=ont change diet stop with the muscle and add fat.....calories in and calories out...yes but my point is they need structure if they are to loose fat and be healthy........REGX is one of the best structured diets i know.....

BUT over all you are still MISSING THE POINT, with why i dont like reg X or any other diet, is its not sometyhing that you can do CONTINUALLY

If you read back i said regx STYLE is very good. and you can continually eat like it. Not every meal how its written, but the style of eating e.g. keeping insulin stable for the best part. Having lots of herbs and spices etc. Ofcourse we go out, and some times cant be bothered to prepare all of our food for a week on a sunday but if you look at regx it does teach you that it is good to eat a wide range of foods and have lots of spices and keep insulin in check.
Like all diets it only works for a short time.............what would be better is a[plan that alows you tp learn how to eat and when to eat on stop miss reading body signals etc
Maybe this is where we are going wrong, as it is written Regx Works. it can make you loose fat and gain/keep muscle and it is very good for your helth, your colon intestines your thyroid etc BUT to stick to how its written is not going to happen, not forever but you can live buy eating in the same STYLE FOR THE MAJOURITY OF THE TIME
Can you tell me how people should eat 1) to stay healthy and at the same weight 2) to be fit and gain muscle?
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby samurai69 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:17 am

i think we need to beg to differ over the whole thing as it seems that you or we are reading round what i am saying with it

I DONT LIKE REG X or any of the other diets...............there are too many things wrong with it for it to work any different to any other diets
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby fits » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:23 pm

LOL ok.

Well any one else got an opinion?

i tihk to sum up ( i could be wrong) Paul dont like it as it is the REGX DIET! and as a standard a DIET is restrictive.

Incase we all got lost in the above, for any one thats not commented, i like RegX because.... pro's and con's coppied from the front

Pro's
easy to use, all workings out done for you.
includes a good range of food groups
have a whole day of any food you like
No food group completely banished
you can get to eat a fair amount and still loose fat
some nice recipes
regular eating
includes regular treats
It works
gets lots of RDA for many/most vits and minerals
Healthier way to diet

Con's

Although it includes a good range of foods, the recipes were faily limited
can be expensive
Takes alot of preparing (although not that long after a while)
didnt seem to work for bulking
can become obsessive lol althoughi think robs good at doing that :-)
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:18 pm

Nice posts gentlemen :grin:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:00 pm

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:Nice posts gentlemen :grin:

so whats your take on it then :?:

:twisted:

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:10 pm

samurai69 wrote:
so whats your take on it then :?:

:twisted:

Playing devils advocate are we :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ;-)
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Pete » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:00 pm

I think reg X is a good eating plan. I don't think you need to follow it to the letter once you understand the ratios and what works. It does include periodisation by the switching of levels, I don't think ChefX would recommend you stay on the same level constantly, but rather speed your metabolism up by changing regularly and not always cutting or bulking. Saying that, I've had more success cutting than bulking because I think I tried to bulk too fast for too long for my particular metabolism. I need to have shorter periods of bulking to avoid gaining too much fat. I've been on the diet for about 18 months with a few periods of more relaxed eating interspersed along the way. Lost about 2 stone, kept it off, and look better than ever. Now I want to try my short bulking phases to see how I get on. Probably won't do more than 4 weeks bulking at a time, followed by however long it takes of cutting to drop any fat gains....then repeat.
Pete
Helot
Helot

Postby fits » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:25 pm

nice one pete, let us know how you get on.... any one have any ideas as to why regx doesn't seem to work for bulking?

how many recipes do you have for regx pete?
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Pete » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:28 pm

I've got the second version of the book, as well as the first, but I think the recipes are the same. There is a section in the back that has an alternative ingredients list, but I tend to use diferrent veg quite often anyway, I just use my calorie book to check they're not too different first.
My meals are rarely as written in the book, but have the same or similar base ingredients.
Pete
Helot
Helot

Postby zack » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:37 am

I startted following reg x to the letter but didnt last too long. now my misses prepares my meals she uses her own recipes but ensures she follows the diet with regards to the right portions of fats, protiens & carbs. She also rotates the types of carbs & protiens.This works well for me as it keeps me reasonable strict and i dont really consider it a diet.
zack
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby fits » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:00 am

zack wrote:I startted following reg x to the letter but didnt last too long. now my misses prepares my meals she uses her own recipes but ensures she follows the diet with regards to the right portions of fats, protiens & carbs. She also rotates the types of carbs & protiens.This works well for me as it keeps me reasonable strict and i dont really consider it a diet.

thats exactly how i think it shoudl be used! and thats what i intend to do! only wish i had a misses that would prepare it for me lol
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

PreviousNext

Return to Nutrition