It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 4:42 am
Change font size

Nutrition

REGX

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

REGX

Postby fits » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:16 pm

Every one knows i like the regx diet. i may use it again soon, but would just like to hear peoples thoguths on it...pro's and con................
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby fits » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:30 pm

ill start

Pro's

easy to use, all workings out done for you.
includes a good range of food groups
have a whole day of any food you like
No food group completely banished
you can get to eat a fair amount and still loose fat
some nice recipes
regular eating
includes regular treats
It works
gets lots of RDA for many/most vits and minerals
Healthier way to diet
Con's

Although it includes a good range of foods, the recipes were faily limited
can be expensive
Takes alot of preparing (although not that long after a while)
didnt seem to work for bulking
can become obsessive lol althoughi think robs good at doing that :-)
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby zack » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:28 pm

I think it's a good diet to educate yourself on ratio's offats, carbs & Protiens.
I found it very good when cutting but when trying to bulk the original regx left me feeling bloated especially eating last meal @ 9pm & bed at 10. I think the new reg x is slightly different, i'm awaiting a replacement copy.
zack
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby Cookie » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:35 pm

zack wrote: i'm awaiting a replacement copy.

Whats up was the one had wrong in some way?
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby fits » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:04 pm

I think theres been another version (or two) since the one i had, and maybe more recipes added too...... i assume i can still buy from cafe press if i decide to?
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby samurai69 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:21 pm

I think over all it has and is a good base to get your diet started

most have trouble bulking on it..........

but it is still a diet like any other and they are all limiting

I have more to say on the subject, but limited time.......so more to come
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby zack » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:24 pm

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:
zack wrote: i'm awaiting a replacement copy.

Whats up was the one had wrong in some way?

yeah the misses decided to recycle it! :roll:

It was revised version, but i still got original.

I think the 1 that's on the way has been revised furter again with additional recipies added.
zack
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby samurai69 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:50 pm

Ok theres bits on johnos pst and bits on here

lets get all the info on here

and start to lok at the reasons why it does and doesnt work.........

why its good and bad...............unfortunately V bad

Its A DIET
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:19 am

samurai69 wrote:

Its A DIET

Care to elaborate further as to why you feel its vbad?

I`m sure board members will be interested :grin:

Even though I already know what your going to say :lol:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby fits » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:26 am

i think you will say its bad as it is restrictive but i would say its more like a 'way of eating' rather than a diet. Whats the difference? well diets are normally very restrictive and normally pretty harsh. regx is not so restrictive and if you learn how it works you can use it in every day life and i think you could probably go along eating well on it without feeling like your on a 'diet'

I know the whole thing done as written is very good.......personally i think ill use it again when i really want to cut the fat down, then when i am where i want to be ill just try to use the same size portions and keep the macros how i want them.....then i think ill be able to go along like that!

Thinking about it, three majour things i learned from Regx are :

1) Plannig is VERY important

2) Variety is important

3) getting the right ratios of macros is important/controlling insulin/blood sugar levels.
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby samurai69 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:30 am

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:
samurai69 wrote:

Its A DIET

Care to elaborate further as to why you feel its vbad?

I`m sure board members will be interested :grin:

Even though I already know what your going to say :lol:

for the most part the bit i dont like is that its a diet.......not a way of eating

and as most women (and a few men) will tell you is that diets dont work

a diet of any sort is great for kick starting a weight loss programme...........less so for weight gain (as most here will agree - re regX)

The body ............. gets bored with the same foods.........It too needs stimulation, even with a change of recepies, it becomes stale

as tak was saying in the periodisation thread on adaptation , the body through diet, also adapts.

the pre comp ...free diet.... that CX put out is probably the best bit IMO.... for a "pre comp" short diet

I like the BASE ideas behind the pre historic (stoneage) diet ....now thats not the diet that allergy docs use...which is breaking things down to the very basics through finding out what you are allergic too, but the way in the past, that we used to eat
some times veg , sometimes meat, some times the 2 and sometimes periods of fasting...........but a regular mix.........

The important thing though in weight loss/balance or gain.............IS A WAY OF EATING.............BALANCE

look at those thin people around you....they are not on the reg X diet, or any other diet....most eat a sensible balanced and varied range of foods

thats what should be done, then the balance is just increased for gain and decreased for loss -The simplest way of looking at it..........so the old "calorie is king" thread that was on uk-m a year or so ago, isnt that far off.....IMHO

thats all for now

:twisted:

edit to add:- in fact for weight loss tha way "weightwatchers" is structured is one of the best diets for weight loss , as it starts you along the road of sensible eating....

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby fits » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:53 am

I have to disagree.

You can survive very nicely, on rice and daal but it isn't very good for building muscle and it doesn't make you the healthiest person around

my nan is 84 and touch wood, in pretty good healthy comepared to alot of people that have made that age. My nan eats everything in moderation and i agree with this, you can live ok like it.

dont forget that eating in a regx style way was not just so that you can stay skinny it was for optimum health. the whole thing is about being as healthy as you can for as long as you can.

I have tried many diets and i hate them as most are SO restrictive, cut out all fat, cat out carbs! Eat only this or that.

I lost weight with regx and for the first time ever, not just while loosing fat, i actually felt really good in myself and it wasn't just down to loosing weight, i felt 'healthy' if you like. dont forget your getting RDA for all but one vits and minerals on it and through eating, not supps.

Most people especially people that are prone to be fat, through thyroid probs or through being lazy/gready or what ever, NEED a structured way of eating if they are to be average weight. They cant just pick food like you do yourself, and loose weight/stay the same, alot of people put on weight like this, probably due to the fast foods available today.

i'd say 70% or more of the people, especially blokes i went to school with, that were always fit then, are now over weight as they eat as and when they like.

I dont think it is possibel to stay on regx as in the whole thing as sit is limited. but eating in a 'regx way' can be donewith great success.
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Next

Return to Nutrition