It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 7:08 pm
Change font size

Nutrition

#Diet - Whats yours?

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

#Diet - Whats yours?

Postby fits » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:39 pm

Well, i happend to mention that i was not happy (i always say NOT HAPPY but it is to be taken VERY lightly :-) ) recently when i looked at some photos of myself...no w i know 100% that i look better in real life than with digital cameras :grin: but i was a little dissapointed about what i saw in the photos.Aaaaaaaaaany way, every one has been saying how shit my diet is, now i dont think its a body building diet but i did think its been pretty clean, and as ive not been hungry i decided to just eat 3 or 4 times per day rather than 6+

any way its not gooing TOO well, although i have got my weight down a fair bit over last few weeks...if you check my journal......and my lifts have gone up......

so i'd like you all to honestly write down what you eat on an average day and what you do weekends.......
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:17 pm

At the moment just eating as and when so yesterday was:

Breakfast, cheese and pickle sandwich

2nd breakie, homemade flap jack and 1/2 yoghurt/cottage cheese shake

Dinner, Tin sardines on toast

Tea, roast beef, yorkshire puddings, carrots & peas with gravy :grin:

Supper Toast with chicken liver and wild mushroom pate :grin:

But it changes each day and how I feel....
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby fits » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:38 pm

that doesn't sem that good to me.....not compared to what you would call a BB diet. what are your goals? bulk/fat lose or none...... are you able to train at the minute? does this keep your weight stable?
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:23 pm

fits wrote:that doesn't sem that good to me.....not compared to what you would call a BB diet. what are your goals? bulk/fat lose or none...... are you able to train at the minute? does this keep your weight stable?

None

Not trained for 10 weeks now

Yeah, but so does my job
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:33 pm

more or less stays the same, sometimes switch round the odd meal but..
monday - friday its basically:

1. protein drink + half a bagel.

2. wholemeal bagette with a tin of tuna

3. 2 tescos healthy living quarter pounders + wholemeal bagette

4. protein shake + half a bagel.

5. chicken salad

6. 100g raw nuts

saturdays, I'll usually take about 4 of those meals but I also have a steak + micro chips and some chocolate

sundays, prolly just 4 of those meals.

doin ok on this just now.
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby fits » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:09 pm

10 weeks cookie?? due to injury? and you still done the keg run and got yourself the farmers walk tanks? lol any idear when you can train? maybe the s69 chalange wont be such a good idea eh!! Have you ever tried to work out roughly how many cals you burn per day in your job?

Scott your diet seems what i would see as the most like a bbing diet, you say your loosing weight on it? do you ever drink beer?
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Takmaster » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:54 pm

Typical sort of day.....................

Multivit twice per week.
Vitamin C three times per week.
Echinacea, Selenium sporadically

Water
Amino Tabs
Porridge
Protein shake (3 scoops Protein powder, 1 Glucose polymer, 2tbsp Olive oil and 450ml water)
Zinc tabs

Green tea (Decaf)
Protein Bar

Water
Apple

Chicken breast and salad, or Tuna rice salad, or Beef Burger, or Chiken Wrap, Grilled fry-up (with poached eggs) or Salmon salad.
Fish Oil tabs
Acidophilus tabs
Water

If going to the gym
Banana
Glucose Polymer Drink
Hamburger x 2 or Protein Bar

Protein shake

Water
Curry, Steak, Chicken, 6 Egg omelete, Lasagne, Chilli, Fajitas, Burritos, Salmon etc, Pork Chops............

Water of Herbal tea

Can be partial to Kit Kats or Snickers every now and then too!

:drinkers:
Takmaster
Ephor
Ephor

Postby samurai69 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:52 pm

first point...camera is more close to how you look than mirror

in our house alone there are three different good mirrors and 2 bad mirrors... i look different in all of them

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:13 am

fits wrote:10 weeks cookie?? due to injury? and you still done the keg run and got yourself the farmers walk tanks? lol any idear when you can train? maybe the s69 chalange wont be such a good idea eh!! Have you ever tried to work out roughly how many cals you burn per day in your job?

Some part due to injury some due to spending time with podiatrist for my feet and needing to realign my spine and hips due to things getting moved with my feet/walking being all wrong...No point in training if the parts aren`t in the right places...

I`ll start training lightly once the elbow is fixed...

No the challenge wasn`t a good idea but then again it was in that it may help me work harder at fixing elbow...

Once used a podometre at work and it registered 11000+ strides after 5 hrs and I wasn`t really doing that much...

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby fits » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:29 am

samurai69 wrote:first point...camera is more close to how you look than mirror

in our house alone there are three different good mirrors and 2 bad mirrors... i look different in all of them

god damn it! i look crap on cam lol what about digital vs old stule cameras?? Hand me a line here........................LOL :lol:
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby samurai69 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:33 am

fits wrote:

god damn it! i look crap on cam lol what about digital vs old stule cameras?? Hand me a line here........................LOL :lol:

lol

that again would depend on the medium you are using to view the pictures..............good flat screen is more accurate
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby fits » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:59 am

samurai69 wrote:
fits wrote:

lol

that again would depend on the medium you are using to view the pictures..............good flat screen is more accurate

Obvously the screen was badley bowed!!! :razz:
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Next

Return to Nutrition