It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 11:01 pm
Change font size

Nutrition

#Diet - Whats yours?

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Postby sanga » Sun May 06, 2007 7:57 pm

Well yes you have a point but I can show anyone how to do it without the fat gain, but you have to use drugs :roll:
appearance is a consequence of fitness
it's better to die on your feet than live on your knees
sanga
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby antiggo » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:53 pm

Hello everyone, this is a fantastic place!

About the food:

I drink a lot of milk.
1lt milk for breakfast and 500gr cottage cheese.
Then some more milk.
Then rice, a lot of rice.
Vegetables and tuna cans. : )
Chicken breast with some more vegetables. Nuts.
And more milk, with some cottage cheese.

Of course I eat fruit as well, and drink a lot of water.

My calorie intake is around 3500 - 4500cals a day. Around that. : )

It happens sometimes that I go a few days on very little food, but I think it is more "natural" this way. : )
antiggo

Postby Cookie » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:17 am

Are you following this diet for a specific purpose?
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby antiggo » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:08 am

Are you following this diet for a specific purpose?

The upped calorie intake is aimed for muscle mass, but other than that it's just the way I normaly eat for muscle recovery and overall.
antiggo

Postby Obessian » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:18 pm

Brook Kubik, author of probably the greatest weight training book of all time, wrote a short script called "The Dinosaur Diet". He has some useful tips there, and does away with ridiculous protein myths. BTW he's closer to 50 than forty and looks superbly muscular and ripped (without ever having used protein shakes, glutamine, creatine or any of that bullcrap, and he set several all-American bench press records), so I guess he knows what he's talking about. I have the book, so anyone interested in it can post their address here and I'll send it.

As far as protein intake goes, it varies from person to person. It's absolutely essential to recovery and muscle growth. However, many people get caught up in believing that if a little of something is good, more is better. Not true with protein. Excess protein gets converted into uric acid and pissed away (literally). Also excess protein means excess calories, which means that a huge overload will cause fat gains (although this is pretty hard, as it's not as easy to break down as lipids and carbs).

The one-pound-per-bodyweight rule is a decent one, although it tends to be more appropriate for lighter guys looking to bulk up. A 200-lbs person probably doesn't need 200 grams of protein every day, regardless of activity levels.
Obessian
Helot
Helot

Postby Cookie » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:16 pm

Obessian wrote: Brook Kubik, author of probably the greatest weight training book of all time, wrote a short script called "The Dinosaur Diet". He has some useful tips there, and does away with ridiculous protein myths. BTW he's closer to 50 than forty and looks superbly muscular and ripped (without ever having used protein shakes, glutamine, creatine or any of that bullcrap, and he set several all-American bench press records), so I guess he knows what he's talking about. I have the book, so anyone interested in it can post their address here and I'll send it.

As far as protein intake goes, it varies from person to person. It's absolutely essential to recovery and muscle growth. However, many people get caught up in believing that if a little of something is good, more is better. Not true with protein. Excess protein gets converted into uric acid and pissed away (literally). Also excess protein means excess calories, which means that a huge overload will cause fat gains (although this is pretty hard, as it's not as easy to break down as lipids and carbs).

The one-pound-per-bodyweight rule is a decent one, although it tends to be more appropriate for lighter guys looking to bulk up. A 200-lbs person probably doesn't need 200 grams of protein every day, regardless of activity levels.

Do you have permission to distribute it?

Or was it a free book he wrote and can be distributed freely?

Nice post by the way :grin:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Brawan » Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:39 pm

I paid for and own Brook Kubiks Lost Secrets of Dinosaur Training and I can pretty much vouch that he does not give his work away for free.
His books are an awesome source thou and I would recommend all to atleast read the above mentioned book.
Brawan
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby Obessian » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:43 am

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:Do you have permission to distribute it?

Or was it a free book he wrote and can be distributed freely?

Of course! There's nothing fitness gurus like better than distributing their stuff for free. I'm the licenced distributor for the greater European area :grin: :grin:

We should really have a Personal Message system here. Makes things slightly less obvious.
Obessian
Helot
Helot

Postby Cookie » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:59 am

Obessian wrote:
Of course! There's nothing fitness gurus like better than distributing their stuff for free. I'm the licenced distributor for the greater European area :grin: :grin:

We should really have a Personal Message system here. Makes things slightly less obvious.

Thats why we don`t have a PM system on here as it gets abused in many many ways & some being illegal.. BUT it is still my ass on the line when the law is broken...

I actually think more of them shouldn`t take the piss and charge extortionate prices & give things away for free or nearly free. This would then reduce piracy a lot...imo...

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Shinoda » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:03 pm

One scientist has decided that there are 3 main species of bodies - muscle( this who easy make muscles), fatty ( this who organisam is proposed to be fatty, from small food ( or something, can`t explain - poor english.. :oops: )
and skinny ( these who can eat more and more and more... and thoesent be fatty, and hard make muscles).Seldrom are 100 percents of any body, there also have 60% skinny - 40% muscle... I`m from skinnyest with small muscle,
and at gym i make for table, and eat evrything as much i can.When i have very very... table i will train for relay.... ( didn`t know the word)I will ask for diet program to relay my muscle. :smile: :smile: :cool:

EDIT: yes Samurai69, sometimes i use online translator, but rarely.I have one stupid dictionary on my PC, i used it very often.I very sorry for my translation mistakes.I didn`t have close friend who can translate me big texts, and i escape to write big texts ( like this ). :oops: :sad:

EDIT2: relay - firm muscles, table - like mass
Last edited by Shinoda on Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
For Leonidas, and the brave 300 ! To victory !!!
You will never be forggoten !
Sparta is religion, religion of true warrior.

My english is bad, sorry. :)
Out of internet :(
Shinoda
Helot
Helot

Postby samurai69 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:47 pm

its good that you practice your english, but are you using an online dictionary if you are unsure of the words, i do that for portuguese and it doesnt show me the correct word somtimes

in your last post i am a little confused with some of your translations....the table thing particularly

but from what i read yes it makes sense what you are saying
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Obessian » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:22 am

Hehehe... online translators are complete crap. They translate stuff word by word: once I downloaded a text in spanish and used a translator to convert it to english - the results were very amusing.

Especially for slavic languages, like my mother tongue and what Shinoda would be speaking in Bulgaria... online translators give you ridiculous translations. Eg. "could you help me across the street?" becomes "could you translate me to the second page of the street", and such crap. :grin:
Obessian
Helot
Helot

PreviousNext

Return to Nutrition