It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 6:37 pm
Change font size

General Discussion

Power of the mind

Agora : the Public Space

Power of the mind

Postby fits » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:34 pm

Some one i was tlaking to recently told me that they have seen studies that have had people taking a placebo and told they were on steroids, and those people have packed on size and strength as if they were using AAS. Not jsut a bit, but alot in a short time like you expect with AAS.

any one read such studies? got any info? or oppinions?

was going to start telling myself that im on OXY but thought i might wake up with no hair LOL
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:37 pm

Yeah...........

I once did it myself......

Told somebody that the tabs they were on were anadrol 50 when in fact they were on T3..anyway tld them all the things to expect from the A50 and lo & behold it all happend...weight gains mood swings bloating, spots the lot....

Not bad for T3 hey ;-)
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cap » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:43 pm

I actually saw the program they did this on, one of the guys from bikers site muscleweb was on it, he got injured and couldnt complete the experiment but he was still on the show.

Weird how the placebo affect works! Was a very good program though
Very interesting stuff
Cap

Postby samurai69 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:00 pm

Interesting

didnt see the show

:roll:
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby fits » Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:51 pm

aparently there was also a show where they hypnotised people and that gave amazing instant strength gains! too much in fact as one man pushed more and more and more until he tore his peck doing bench press!
makes you wonder!!

I myself read years ago that people had experimented with just concentrating for 15 mins or so a day, imagining lifting big big weights and i cant rememebr if this ended with them gaining size but they recon it gave them fair strength gains!!

i find it facinating!! i wonder if any one is looking into this further........
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:18 am

Here you go Fits............

http://www.brainsync.com/default.asp
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cap » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:21 am

I take it they work by putting your mind into a specific state to get the desired result?
Cap

Postby Cookie » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:34 am

Cap wrote:I take it they work by putting your mind into a specific state to get the desired result?

Sure do...by stimulating different brain wave lengths for different purposes...

I`ve also got a sports hypnosis video thats out of this world...but too strong for me to use....

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cap » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:03 am

have you used any of those brainwave ones then cookie? If so any good? or do you know anyone who has? Any good to have on whilst your in the gym?
Whats the deal with the sports hypnosis vid? Why do you feel it is too powerful?

Lots of questions :shock: :twisted:
Cap

Postby Cookie » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:18 pm

Cap wrote:have you used any of those brainwave ones then cookie? If so any good? or do you know anyone who has? Any good to have on whilst your in the gym?
Whats the deal with the sports hypnosis vid? Why do you feel it is too powerful?

Lots of questions :shock: :twisted:

Yeah I`ve used them but not to their full potential and you can definitaly feel things happening.....

As for the sports hypno vid.....powerfull very..........left my head a bit of a mess really the following day...sort of all over the place and a bit panici on my part but that could be because I`ve had seizures in the past and I`m real fussy about things...so could have talked my way into feeling worse..if you get my meaning....

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cap » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:33 pm

yeah I get you, i might have to invest in one of those cds then if it will help me in the gym, any ideas which one I could purchase cookie?
Cap

Postby Cookie » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:45 pm

Maybe this one first

http://www.brainsync.com/brain.asp?id=2 ... ne:-Vol.-I

Or even the 4 pack here..which would be more cost effective and covers everything.

http://www.brainsync.com/bestof.asp

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Next

Return to General Discussion