General Discussion

The venue for this years WSM finals will be Sun City - again

Agora : the Public Space

The venue for this years WSM finals will be Sun City - again

Postby samurai69 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:44 pm

2010 WSM Finals - Venue & Dates
| More

The venue for this years WSM finals will be Sun City - South Africa

The World's Strongest Man finals are returning to South Africa and the Sun City resort for the first time since 2000. Africa has hosted several WSM finals over the years and has created a host of memorable moments.

The 2000 final was dominated by the viking power of Janne Virtanen, Svend Karlsen and Magnus Samuelsson, with a young Mariusz Pudzianowski coming 4th.

This year's final will see the return of reigning champion Zydrunas Savickas, defending his title against a host of WSM regulars and new contenders in the world class surroundings of Sun City.

Sun City is a luxury resort, situated in the North West Province of South Africa. It is located about two hours' drive from Johannesburg, near the city of Rustenburg. It is surrounded by the imposing mountains of the Pilanesberg and borders the Pilanesberg Game Reserve.

Qualifiers will be filmed between the 15th and 18th September.
Final will be filmed between the 21st and 22nd September.
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Return to General Discussion