It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:43 am
Change font size

General Discussion

Sleep Monitor

Agora : the Public Space

Re: Sleep Monitor

Postby samurai69 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:49 am

Cookie wrote:
Melas Zomos wrote:Just wondering if anyone has had experience with something like this.
Little pricey, but I might know someone that has one and will be willing to lend it to me just for xxxx and giggles.

http://www.myzeo.com/

Saw this last night on the gadget show.

Looks like fun :lol:

who is this ZOE everyone is sleeping with

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:20 pm

samurai69 wrote:who is this ZOE everyone is sleeping with

[-(
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:28 pm

Yeah, that guy let me down. I like the idea, but I wonder how effective it is and thus really did not press the issue.

The problem/question I have with it is that it is battery powered and the clock is electric powered and this may disrupt the sleep patterns and the magnetic fields of the body thus effecting your sleep. I do not know if it is shielded enough or powerful enough, but having something electrical attached to my head makes me a little wary of its accuracy as it has to disrupt something. I do not think it would be harmful only inaccurate. I would still try it none the less just to see :mrgreen:
But I do know EMF's are the real deal and the standards are coming under scrutiny from all sources.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:01 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:Yeah, that guy let me down. I like the idea, but I wonder how effective it is and thus really did not press the issue.

The problem/question I have with it is that it is battery powered and the clock is electric powered and this may disrupt the sleep patterns and the magnetic fields of the body thus effecting your sleep. I do not know if it is shielded enough or powerful enough, but having something electrical attached to my head makes me a little wary of its accuracy as it has to disrupt something. I do not think it would be harmful only inaccurate. I would still try it none the less just to see :mrgreen:
But I do know EMF's are the real deal and the standards are coming under scrutiny from all sources.

I`m now wondering if the EMF off my watch are too high :lol:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:18 am

Cookie wrote:I`m now wondering if the EMF off my watch are too high :lol:

I would say no and you have nothing to worry about. That really does not put out a whole lot of juice, but I do not know for sure if it would effect your cells. I know you have sleep issues so perhaps you are hyper sensitive, but I doubt it. This is a real crazy subject because of the financial impacts involved and for every study confirming electrosmog on the body affecting cells another one comes up saying it is unproven.
Personally I would not sweat the watch and look more into where you sleep in relation to an outlet/wiring, cordless phone, and any mobile devices. Personally I think the wifi and cell phones are the biggest concern as well as computers. I went through and eliminated most, but not all, electrical devices within 4 feet of me just for the heck of it. I switched my clocks over to batteries where I had one of the worst offender digital clocks before.

For those that do not know it is believed that certain electrical devices give off enough emf to affect whether your cells remain active (able to absorb nutrients and remove toxins) or in active (unable to do the aforementioned). It also is believed that when you sleep your body needs to be in an alkaline state and emf's cause it to be acidic.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:26 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:I would say no and you have nothing to worry about. That really does not put out a whole lot of juice, but I do not know for sure if it would effect your cells. I know you have sleep issues so perhaps you are hyper sensitive, but I doubt it. This is a real crazy subject because of the financial impacts involved and for every study confirming electrosmog on the body affecting cells another one comes up saying it is unproven.
Personally I would not sweat the watch and look more into where you sleep in relation to an outlet/wiring, cordless phone, and any mobile devices. Personally I think the wifi and cell phones are the biggest concern as well as computers. I went through and eliminated most, but not all, electrical devices within 4 feet of me just for the heck of it. I switched my clocks over to batteries where I had one of the worst offender digital clocks before.

For those that do not know it is believed that certain electrical devices give off enough emf to affect whether your cells remain active (able to absorb nutrients and remove toxins) or in active (unable to do the aforementioned). It also is believed that when you sleep your body needs to be in an alkaline state and emf's cause it to be acidic.

Try telling the wife that ](*,)

Something I have been thinking a lot about lately :-k

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:23 am

Cookie wrote:Try telling the wife that ](*,)

Oh I know all about that bro, baby steps my friend. I just slowly started moving things out one thing at a time. She had no choice. The only thing I have left to do is replace the cordless phone with a hardwired one. No way she will go for not having a phone by the bed because of work, but I can at least swap it out. She could care less about the cell phone so that was not a big deal on this end. Only have one tv and no desire or plans to put one in the bedroom like 90% of the people over here. Lamps were moved to the other side of the room and I just put a flashlight in arms reach. The only thing electric near me is the air pump for the mattress and that is off while I sleep.

Look on the bright side, at least your mattress is foam and will pass the compass test :mrgreen:
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:41 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:Oh I know all about that bro, baby steps my friend. I just slowly started moving things out one thing at a time. She had no choice. The only thing I have left to do is replace the cordless phone with a hardwired one. No way she will go for not having a phone by the bed because of work, but I can at least swap it out. She could care less about the cell phone so that was not a big deal on this end. Only have one tv and no desire or plans to put one in the bedroom like 90% of the people over here. Lamps were moved to the other side of the room and I just put a flashlight in arms reach. The only thing electric near me is the air pump for the mattress and that is off while I sleep.

Look on the bright side, at least your mattress is foam and will pass the compass test :mrgreen:

I`m looking at old fashioned hard wired telephones. Can`t stand the cordless ones.

Refuse to have a tv in bedroom. Always have.

Do you use wireless internet?

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:11 pm

Cookie wrote:I`m looking at old fashioned hard wired telephones. Can`t stand the cordless ones.

I am with you on that one, I only have one cordless to replace and am also looking into it.

Cookie wrote:Refuse to have a tv in bedroom. Always have.
No tv here either. Although I would have to say the majority of people do have one in their bedroom, I would guess at the percentage to be upwards of 85%

Cookie wrote:Do you use wireless internet?
Absolutely not. Hardwired everything and disabled it from the modem.
To much evidence against wireless and cell, though it will be years till it can be proven. Why take the chance if I don't have to right?
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:13 pm

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:33 pm

First one looks like junk, imo
Second one may offer something.
Are you having more trouble getting to sleep or staying asleep?
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:47 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:Are you having more trouble getting to sleep or staying asleep?

Staying asleep.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion