It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:38 pm
Change font size

General Discussion

Sleep Monitor

Agora : the Public Space

Re: Sleep Monitor

Postby Cookie » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:19 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:Certainly instills confidence.

What about just hooking up a camcorder on a tri-pod with a good mic. Not perfect, but it would give you a rough idea and a starting point. Might even be able to see IF there really is a monster living in the closet or under the bed.

I don't think the wife would be too chuffed if I turned up at bed time with a camcorder & tri-pod :shock: :lol:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:35 pm

Cookie wrote:
I don't think the wife would be too chuffed if I turned up at bed time with a camcorder & tri-pod :shock: :lol:

:roflicon:
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby samurai69 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:10 am

Scott wrote:
Cookie wrote:

:roflicon:

cookie you never know until you try it.......lol :mrgreen:
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:37 pm

Celery
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:22 pm

For computer screens http://stereopsis.com/flux/

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:31 am

Flux capacitor baby!
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:08 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:Flux capacitor baby!

Not a bad program. Quite strange seeing the monitor change colour as night sets in.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:57 pm

Just found this & am about to try it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/sleep/profiler/

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:08 pm

I am actually scheduled to go in tonight for a sleep study. Don't know how that is going to work though, I told them I have trouble falling asleep outside my home...we can give you something.
Okay what time, be here at 8pm.....ahhh little early don't you think....be here at 9pm...uhh okay, what time you expect me to go to sleep...11pm, oh, okay hope you have ALOT of something!

We shall see, I wanted the home test, but for some reason (probably $$$) they want me in there. I will let you know how it turns out, as if I don't know already. :mrgreen:
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Melas Zomos » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:50 am

Well that did not go as planned. First they wanted me to go to bed a full two + hours before I wanted. So I had them give me something to knock me out, unfortunately it was not a hottie, they gave me the most powerful drug they had which I was on the fence with as I figured that would interfere with the tests, I really pushed for them to give me the home trial first but they wanted there $$$ with it being done in the office. Nice room and all, but they wire you up with fifteen electrodes all over the body + a couple of heart/pulse monitors so you can not move around which is a problem if you have to pee and guess who did :mrgreen:
In the end I finally tapped out after about five hours and said screw this I am going to work.
I knew this would happen, I told them I would not be able to sleep there but hey I tried. Off to plan #2
Might be worth it if you can sleep anywhere at anytime, otherwise you really need to go in there exhausted and dare I say dehydrated.
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:50 pm

Sounds all a bit messed up.

I take it you're having some serious sleep issues if they are doing the sleep test?

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Thu May 02, 2013 10:20 pm

Don't know if I am having issues. I think I sleep just fine, but I wake up more tired than when I go to bed and having extreme fatigue issues.
This is more of eliminating something from the equation. I think it is more of an allergy, and I am really leaning towards mold as one of my jobs a considerable amount of time is spent in an area with a black mold problem and it is playing havoc with a bunch of things body wise.
It is either that or a food allergy, just not sure.
](*,)
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion