blue oyster cult

deep purple

iron maiden

creed

transvision vamp

marillion

ac/dc

guns n roses

i have about 75 cds in total,of the above pluss a bit of chillie peppers and mixed rock and emenem linkin park etc

now what other groups should i be looking at bearing in mind the music cant be too "DEATH METAL" sounding or swearing etc in it, and not too "HEAVY" either

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Re: what Music for my gym

Postby steve1 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:39 pm

this is a tricky one because if that music was played in your gym constantly then i would not join
and become a member for that sole reason
i can workout listening to anything from Phil Collins to happy hardcore but heavy metal/death metal just don't cut it for me other groups from me would be dance or trance something with a upbeat
you ain't ever going to please everyone all of the time
or........are the majority of your members into that kind of music
steve1
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby Cookie » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:44 pm

steve1 wrote:this is a tricky one because if that music was played in your gym constantly then i would not join
and become a member for that sole reason
i can workout listening to anything from Phil Collins to happy hardcore but heavy metal/death metal just don't cut it for me other groups from me would be dance or trance something with a upbeat
you ain't ever going to please everyone all of the time
or........are the majority of your members into that kind of music

Have to agree to a point, lots of different tastes in peoples music so hard to please. Best option would be to have a few of those "best of" discs covering a variety of music genres.

Some days I can train to Bjork other days it takes a hell of a lot more to get me fired up so its Metallica or Disturbed.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:11 pm

most people that are in to lifting prefer the up beat of the rock, only had 1 (woman) comment on the music, most prefer it

dance music in this sort of gym is like going into a pub and asking for a barleywater
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Scott » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:26 pm

samurai69 wrote:the music cant be too "DEATH METAL" sounding or swearing etc in it, and not too "HEAVY" either

didnt know you'd moved the gym into a girls boarding school ;-) I dont think your eminem cd's will be allowed [-X

Just play anything that wouldnt be at home on the x-factor. When I trained at the body academy one of the guys would always blast out some mad 80's stuff, I got totally into that depeche mode song 'Stripped', first time I ever heard that song was in there LOL!
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Melas Zomos » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:09 pm

Do you have to pay license fees for playing a radio station or satellite radio over there?
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby samurai69 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:11 am

Melas Zomos wrote:Do you have to pay license fees for playing a radio station or satellite radio over there?

yes, have got licence for music already, for my gym it wasnt too bad a price, but if music plays in different rooms (changing rooms, studios etc) then there are additional charges

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Melas Zomos » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:44 pm

samurai69 wrote:but if music plays in different rooms (changing rooms, studios etc) then there are additional charges

Whoa! I did not know that. What a rip.
I never did like when they put that in effect.

Your list is good and pretty non offensive, the only problem with running cd's is you get the deeper cuts which most people don't appreciate. Satellite or cable is probably the best way to go, with a station that includes a mix of what you have listed. Plus, the problem with cd's is once people find out you are playing cd's they will constantly nag you to play one of theirs. No matter how many times you refuse they will stay on you, like a little kid...or Cookie.

On a side note:
The best way to counter people who nag you to change the channel or play different music on hand is to buy a gospel or lame country western or soft rock cd and plug that in. This works really well and creates a very humorous atmosphere.

You also may consider setting up a time frame for "Death Metal" if you have a group that gets together once a week for max lifts like we did. Every Sunday morning we would get free reign for maxing out.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby samurai69 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:54 am

Melas Zomos wrote:
samurai69 wrote:but if music plays in different rooms (changing rooms, studios etc) then there are additional charges

Whoa! I did not know that. What a rip.

Your list is good and pretty non offensive, the only problem with running cd's is you get the deeper cuts which most people don't appreciate. Satellite or cable is probably the best way to go, with a station that includes a mix of what you have listed. Plus, the problem with cd's is once people find out you are playing cd's they will constantly nag you to play one of theirs. No matter how many times you refuse they will stay on you, like a little kid...or Cookie.

On a side note:
The best way to counter people who nag you to change the channel or play different music on hand is to buy a gospel or lame country western or soft rock cd and plug that in. This works really well and creates a very humorous atmosphere.

You also may consider setting up a time frame for "Death Metal" if you have a group that gets together once a week for max lifts like we did. Every Sunday morning we would get free reign for maxing out.

some good ideas there.............theres a couple of radio stations on line that would work, but they are not plugged into stereo system

i know what you mean about CDs etc i can play via i player doc, but again people want to put own one in and also risk of it being stolen

we have a rule that nobody that cant deadlift atleast 210kg (460lbs) is allowed to touch stereo, and any that can like the rock music.............win win and anyone desparate to change the music works hard at deadlifts

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Melas Zomos » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:45 pm

samurai69 wrote:we have a rule that nobody that cant deadlift atleast 210kg (460lbs) is allowed to touch stereo, and any that can like the rock music.............win win and anyone desparate to change the music works hard at deadlifts.

You do have that rule painted loud and proud on the wall for all to see, correct? :mrgreen:
Great rule!
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:13 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:Whoa! I did not know that. What a rip.

On a side note:

I can train with or WITHOUT music matey :finga:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:28 pm

You know this would be a good excuse to get that lifting stone.
You could call it the "Stone of Tune-age" and put a sign above the counter:
He who can't lift the rock, has no right to even consider changing the rock.
Of course since my english is so bad, we will have to run it through the resident English professor and I can train WITHOUT music mate, Cookie.
:butthead: Back at you bro :mrgreen:
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Next

Return to General Discussion