It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 12:32 pm
Change font size

General Discussion

Snow

Agora : the Public Space

Re: Snow

Postby Gridlock1 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:01 pm

Driving from Dorset to Cumbria tomorrow......really hoping the snow isn't going to be as bad as they are predicting.....
Gridlock1
Helot
Helot

Postby Cookie » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:04 pm

Gridlock1 wrote:Driving from Dorset to Cumbria tomorrow......really hoping the snow isn't going to be as bad as they are predicting.....

Fingers crossed for you because its not looking pretty for the next few days.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:48 am

Gridlock1 wrote:Driving from Dorset to Cumbria tomorrow......really hoping the snow isn't going to be as bad as they are predicting.....

not good later in over weekend, may be ok today though blizzard like snow in birmingham and trains further north where being suspended late last night

-4 driving to work thismorning

forecast for tonight and weekend is 5 to 25 cm in the greater london area

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:29 pm

Insanely cold this past 2 mornings. Took 3 hours & a large cup of coffee whilst out & about to warm up.

Minus 10 @ 7am.

Managed to see the start of the lunar eclipse which only comes round every 400 years. Should have gone into work late & watched it all.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:15 pm

Cookie wrote:Insanely cold this past 2 mornings. Took 3 hours & a large cup of coffee whilst out & about to warm up.

Minus 10 @ 7am.

Managed to see the start of the lunar eclipse which only comes round every 400 years. Should have gone into work late & watched it all.

warmed up here and cloudy this morning so no chance of seeing any sky....well theres always the next one (lol)
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:17 pm

samurai69 wrote:warmed up here

Customer said it had been on the radio that Shropshire had it was forecast to be a wind chill factor of minus 38 tonight :shock:

samurai69 wrote:and cloudy this morning so no chance of seeing any sky....well theres always the next one (lol)

So your either believing in reincarnation, cryogenics or life extension drugs :-k

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:20 pm

Cookie wrote:

So your either believing in reincarnation, cryogenics or life extension drugs :-k

all of those and if that dont work i can always go and get stuffed

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:58 pm

Currently looking at the sky & wishing for 6-12 inches of snow fall before tomorrow [-o<

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:56 pm

Cookie wrote:Currently looking at the sky & wishing for 6-12 inches of snow fall before tomorrow [-o<

nearly completely melted here at moment, couldbe interesting if it freezes over night

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:12 am

Computer says its minus 3 this morning, looks colder :shock:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:56 am

Cookie wrote:Computer says its minus 3 this morning, looks colder :shock:

-2 when i got in the car this morning, -1 outside gym.............-1 in gym if the heating refuses to work again today

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:22 pm

Tried to snow a couple of times today but just not enough cloud in the sky for it to have any effect.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion