Change font size

General Discussion

Snow

Agora : the Public Space

Snow

Postby Cookie » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:26 am

So who`s got it at the moment?

Had a light dusting last night. Just enough to make the kids happy :lol:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Re: Snow

Postby samurai69 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:14 am

had a light dusting over night a few miles away from us in wembley, nearer the gym its settled and actually had some when i drove in

-2 at home last night so not wam enough for the heavy thick stuff

only about 0 now......warm in gym now , but will turn it down to about 14 or 15 overnight
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Scott » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:38 am

its everywhere :shock: I woke up through the night to thunder, lightning and snow! I never seen that combination before. Now I have ridiculous amounts of snow. total pain in the ass, can hardly see my motor.
Snow is good if you dont need to drive anywhere its pish if you still need to go to work.
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby samurai69 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:40 am

Scott wrote:its everywhere :shock: I woke up through the night to thunder, lightning and snow! I never seen that combination before. Now I have ridiculous amounts of snow. total pain in the ass, can hardly see my motor.
Snow is good if you dont need to drive anywhere its pish if you still need to go to work.

thats weird, never seen snow with thunder etc

yeh my car ia (apparently) a total pig in the snow....not looking forward to that.......if i lived up north would own a 4x4 deffo

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:08 am

No new snow.

Crystal clear blue skies & so bitterly cold it could freeze the nuts off a brass monkey :shock:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:29 am

Cookie wrote:No new snow.

Crystal clear blue skies & so bitterly cold it could freeze the nuts off a brass monkey :shock:

same here at the moment

funny the no snow ther as the guy from dewsbury (strength) was talking about snow

clear as here too at the moment, maybe snow later, was -4 when i got in car this morning

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Scott » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:50 am

still snowing, still hearing thunder. Im not going anywhere anythime soon :evil:

I can see part of a motorway from my house and the few cars on it are going about 30mph. If its the same tomorrow I wont even bother trying to get to work. My duaghter has an exam tomorrow though, that's going to be a bit dodgy.

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Gridlock1 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:43 pm

Not a single flake here....but then we never do because the sea surrounding us keeps us warm....frost this morning though - first time I have seen it here in 2.5 years!
Gridlock1
Helot
Helot

Postby Scott » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:36 pm

man, Im totally snowed in. no way Im getting my car out tomorrow. looks like a long weekend 8-[

the roads between my house and the main roads are just fucked.

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby samurai69 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:38 am

Scott wrote:man, Im totally snowed in. no way Im getting my car out tomorrow. looks like a long weekend 8-[

is that just an accepted thing up in scotland ............... or are people more expected as they should be use to it and have snow shoes, skiis, snow chains for car etc

maybe one of these

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:06 am

Gridlock1 wrote:Not a single flake here....but then we never do because the sea surrounding us keeps us warm....frost this morning though - first time I have seen it here in 2.5 years!

But do you miss not having snow?

Scott wrote:man, Im totally snowed in. no way Im getting my car out tomorrow. looks like a long weekend 8-[

Oh stop being soft :mrgreen: get some tennis rackets on your feet & walk :finga:

Snowing quite heavy now. kids pestering like mad not to go to school but they`re going :lol:

Fingers crossed we get 2 foot of it before tomorrow so I don`t have to go to work [-o<

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:09 am

samurai69 wrote:

is that just an accepted thing up in scotland ............... or are people more expected as they should be use to it and have snow shoes, skiis, snow chains for car etc

nah. maybe further up north but where I am snow like this seems to grind most people to a halt.

Cookie wrote: kids pestering like mad not to go to school but they`re going

All schools are closed up here :mrgreen: Im supposed to be at work right now but Im still at home ;-) spent the last 30 mins digging out my car and clearing the drive but tbh the road between my street and the nearest main road which is diveable looks well dodgy. If Im gonna get stranded I'd sooner be stranded at home.

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Next

Return to General Discussion