It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 7:20 pm
Change font size

General Discussion

World cup 2018

Agora : the Public Space

Re: World cup 2018

Postby Scott » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:44 pm

samurai69 wrote:
lol.......when i said england. obviously as scotland do not have a football team i couldnt include them
Actually we do have a team but because we never qualify for anything it just seems like we dont!

i remember talking to a PSP (portuguese special ops cop) about the particular portuguese groups when they have a local darby they have snatch squads that go in to the supporters and pull out these "crews" and herd them in to local police stations so no trouble etc...........found with guns and knives and all sorts apparently.......even been bombings of bars that they frequent i seem to remember....definately shootings

Thats mental.
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby samurai69 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:43 pm

from wikipedia

Portugal

Football hooliganism in Portugal isn't a very serious problem but some teams have theirs own groups of hooligans that can be very violent when their reputation are at stake, some teams like F.C. Porto, S.L. Benfica, Sporting Clube de Portugal have firms. FC Porto have the official firm the Super Dragões. SL Benfica have also the two firms , one official the Diabos Vermelhos and other non-official called No Name Boys,the most dangerous and criminal. Sporting CP have three firms and of the three major teams of Portugal Juve Leo or Juventude Leonina along with Directivo Ultras XXI and Torcida Verde. Juventude Leonina is also the eldest Firm in Portugal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

translated quote
Durante este jogo foram lancados pelo menos 3 very-lights na direccao dos adeptos do Sporting. O primeiro antes do jogo iniciar, o segundo ja com o jogo a decorrer que por muito pouco nao acertou nos jogadores e que devido a uma brisa de ar fez com que se elevasse e fosse embater nos eucaliptos atras da bancada e posteriormente originou um pequeno incendio. O terceiro, com consequencias tragicas originou a morte de um espectador, provocado pelo impacto do projectil.
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:44 pm

Scott wrote:do you think the reputation for trouble with some English ( and Scottish!) fans would have swayed some of the panel?

The Russian`s & eastern Europeans are a lot worse, more so when it comes to out & out racism. A number of English clubs have had issues this past few years when playing in the champions league in ex Soviet countries.

Euro 96 was a massive success & proved we could still host a major championship. The Olympics in 2012 are laying down a huge infrastructural that could have been built upon for the 2018 world cup. We lost because we played the game fairly & did not bow down to slinging bribes to those that cast the votes. You only have to look at what happened with the Olympic committee & the huge amounts of "bungs" that were thrown their way with the Atlanta Olympic bid a few years back.

Money talks.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Savage » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:24 pm

the aim of the world cup is to take football to a world stage and try and spread it around so in a way it makes sense that russia should get it. You can argue that they are a big football nation but they still need a lot of investment to bring the facilities up to scratch that would only happen if the whole world will be focused on their actions so yes its good, someone said england could host the world cup tomorrow if they got the nod so it only makes sense for it to go somewhere else to try and devlop the game.
Savage
Helot
Helot

Postby Cookie » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:46 pm

Savage wrote:the aim of the world cup is to take football to a world stage and try and spread it around so in a way it makes sense that russia should get it. You can argue that they are a big football nation but they still need a lot of investment to bring the facilities up to scratch that would only happen if the whole world will be focused on their actions so yes its good, someone said england could host the world cup tomorrow if they got the nod so it only makes sense for it to go somewhere else to try and devlop the game.

Nice post.

I agree that football should be made available to all my main concern is with Russia`s lack of control over corruption.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Savage » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:48 pm

Cookie wrote:
Savage wrote:the aim of the world cup is to take football to a world stage and try and spread it around so in a way it makes sense that russia should get it. You can argue that they are a big football nation but they still need a lot of investment to bring the facilities up to scratch that would only happen if the whole world will be focused on their actions so yes its good, someone said england could host the world cup tomorrow if they got the nod so it only makes sense for it to go somewhere else to try and devlop the game.

Nice post.

I agree that football should be made available to all my main concern is with Russia`s lack of control over corruption.

unfortunately there is always going to be an element of corruption in every aspect of life even sport but the fact that the media has jumped on the band stand and started shouting russia is really corrupt wont help the case. There has been a number of corruption cases in english football and it is rife in italy. and also can i just add that you have got the olympics coming dont think we can afford the world cup lol anyway would be better if the rugby world cup came instead!
Savage
Helot
Helot

Previous

Return to General Discussion